Budget? - £600-750

Genres? - Punk/Alternative Rock and Metal (I already have a guitar that is suited for metal.)

New or Used? - Either

Home or Gig? - Both

Closest City? - Sunderland/Newcastle, UK

Current Gear? - Epiphone SG 400 (EMG 81/85), Line 6 Spider 4 (I know you'll suggest that I get a new amp, but I am perfectly happy with it.)

I feel as though that my pickups in my SG are a little too... Heavy... I need something what is bright sounding that'll mix in with my new band's sound. (I'm already in a Metal band so I don't want to change the pickups on my SG.)

Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
I'm curious... Your post and your sig say opposing things....
Anyway I digress, you could probably find a gibson sg standard used in that price range, or a used les paul studio.
OR a fender standard tele/strat
Or some sort of prs (not an expert on them)
New amp. You say yourself it desperately needs replacing. I'd get a les paul w/ jb/jazz duncans, but thats me.
Maybe go with something with the Duncan JB bridge pickup and a '59 neck pickup. You can easily get a good variation of tone with those? They're a pretty common stock combo.
if you could find a used american stratocaster that would probably do. Otherwise, or maybe a used gibson explorer, or an epiphone explorer if you could find one.
Quote by AlexSkolnick
New amp. You say yourself it desperately needs replacing. I'd get a les paul w/ jb/jazz duncans, but thats me.

Yeah... I wrote that signature when the speakers in my amp were stock... Now I have Celestion G12's in there!! Improved the sound alot, I can't really go for a tube/valve amp anyway because it would be abit loud :')
Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
nice solid Fender strat or Jaguar special HH
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Fender start of Ibanez SA (cheaper than fender's and good guitars also). gibson Les Paul rock too if you're confortible playing with it