So im trying to record a caver but its hard cause i keep running out of breathe

http://www.mediafire.com/?4i8gd9mkbfje00d <-- if you want to hear my singing

I have trouble hitting the high notes because I run out of air to support myself, any advice? I am singing falsetto in the chorus may be that's why I cant support myself.
I'm Bored.

tumblr
<- follow me
falsetto wouldn't really make you run out of breath faster. In fact, falsetto would help you because it's light and uses less air. a full out belt or even mixed tone would use more air than pure falsetto.

I think you just need to plan your breaths. In band and choir when I was in high school, we wrote in breath marks in the score where we needed to breath. Find the best point where you can take a breath, usually right before a big section or right after a phrase has ended. Plan out those breaths, and stick to them. If they don't work, put the breath somewhere else. I think breathing is something most musicians overlook when writing/singing songs. You definitely need to plan these things. It really makes all the difference.
Breath with the back. Trust me. Try and feel your upper back back and mid/lower abdomen expand as you breath; you will be amazed
Quote by =(Cody=)
falsetto wouldn't really make you run out of breath faster. In fact, falsetto would help you because it's light and uses less air. a full out belt or even mixed tone would use more air than pure falsetto.

Unless I'm doing my falsetto wrong (which is entirely possible, as my falsetto really sucks), then I would say that falsetto uses MORE air. I can hold a note for, idunno.... maybe 30 seconds in full voice. Falsetto... maybe a third of that.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I try to come at falsetto "from above" - that is, I shape my voice to the top of my mouth instead of just, you know, singing out.
Yes falsetto is really exhausting for me too :/

"Breathing with your back", is a pretty good way to put it. A lot of people don't realize that your back is part of your chest cavity and they are amazed when they FEEL their breath in their back. It's like a light bulb turns on and they suddenly get diaphragm breathing.
Quote by axemanchris
Unless I'm doing my falsetto wrong (which is entirely possible, as my falsetto really sucks), then I would say that falsetto uses MORE air. I can hold a note for, idunno.... maybe 30 seconds in full voice. Falsetto... maybe a third of that.

CT

my falsetto is pretty crap, too. It should be effortless to sing in falsetto (it SHOULD be effortless to sing anything, really unless you're pushing), but I can't really get that to happen well. You have to keep your falsetto connected. Instead of just singing really light out of the back of your throat, you have to make it as open and connected as full voice. Sing from your stomach, supporting with your diaphragm, and have the sound connect straight up and out the top of your head/middle of your forehead. That's where you get resonance and makes your note sound good.
It definitely takes a LOT of practice to get good singing habits down, mine are still awful. Hope I could help a bit =/