Which interface do u guys think has better converters? Not worried about the pres. Profire 2626 or saffire 40 pro? Let me know your guys opinions!
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
Any professional audio interface meant for professional recording should have great AD/DA converters. Just get the one with the best features.
They are pretty similar, honestly - I'd give the edge to the Focusrite, though. For the price, it's really a no-brainer, though. The Saffire Pro 40 is a much better deal (<$360 B-Stock on eBay), and you'll have much less headaches trying to deal with it's issues, because the drivers are rock solid on Focusrite gear. Especially if you're using Windows, the Focusrite is the clear winner, the M-Audio has all kinds of issues for many people.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 26, 2011,
Those are good units, but they're not "pro studio" units. You won't find someone using them surrounded by gear by Avalon, SSL, Neve, Universal Audio and the like.

Not dissing them, but I mention that because, at that level, the converters will be good enough for anything you want to throw at them. The rest of the gear around it will not be of a caliber enough to make them the weak link in your system.

They'll be good enough that you won't notice their weakness until you get into using really expensive gear.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I don't like anything by Avid. Period. Don't recommend it at all. I'm a HUGE Focusrite proponent and can say that my Pro 40 has never given me a problem once, the firewire medium aside.

It's a great unit, with great/clean pre amps and stellar conversion.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
^ Ironically, a lot of Digidesign (Avid) stuff uses Focusrite pres.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.