Well, Hi UG!

HEre's my sirtuation, i started playing the bass recently and put my guitar amps on sale on the internet.
I currently have a Laney HCM 30 (30 watter preactice begginer amp, which i don't care about it...) and a Vox Valvetronix VT50.

The thing is that i want to keep either one of those amps and get some cash from the other one. and here's the thing, someone offered me a Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80watters, obviously) in exchange of both. the thing is i want to know if i'm getting a better amp for two amps, cause if so, i won't mind the exchange, more than that, i'd be please to only have one. tha only bad thing is that i won't get no cash. however i could sell that same marshall in the future. and so comes the next questrion: is this amp more expensive than both of mine? i mean, i am winnnig resale value, or am i losting it?

I don't think i can try the valvestate in a store, though i'll see what i can do.
as i said before, i want to keep an amp so i can play guitar whenever i want, even though i'm putting all my effort in the bass now, and i still need to get an amp for the bass. for that, cash would be nice, even thoguh it's not NECESSARY, cause i have some savings I'm going to spend on said amp.

Thanks for the help!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Last edited by Sudaka at Oct 25, 2011,
the valve state aren't known as great amps. they are hybrid. as far as i could say is to think what you need more verstatility or cash in your pocket. you have the VT so you have good versatility, if you swap for the valvestate, you are losing your potential.

i really dont have any solid advice for you, but try the valvestate out before you get it. they can be pretty bees in a beer can fizzy thing going on, you may likt it may not. but i haven't played a VT or a valvestate much or in quite a while.

play them see what you like.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I had a 8100 valvestate in the band room for a while. Even when plugged into an awesome Soldano 2x12 it sounded like crud. I bought a JCM900 (not the greatest amp around either) as a spare amp just so I would never have to play with somebody with a Valvestate ever again. The VT50 is a better amp - don't do it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The VT50 is a better amp - don't do it.

+1
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The only reason you should EVER get a Valvestate 8100 is if you are a VERY ADAMANT Death fan. It literally cannot do anything other than extreme metal and even then not very well.

It does sound evil as **** though.

And just so any metal heads reading this know, Chucks live tone is not his studio tone. You won't sound like Symbolic. Well kinda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqNXrkvmk_o

Unless this is like one of your favorite songs ever, don't even consider it. Even if you realllly like it a lot, there are plenty of amps that do a much better job.
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Oct 26, 2011,
ahahha, ok, y won't do it... anyway teh trade didn't look that good, i made this thread becasue i got a little carried away by the Marshall name, hehehe...

Thanks guys, always good advice here at UG.

And BTW, i've been offered a fender princeton 65 W... but i'm sure that's not a good trade, so i said no. i mean, if u published my amp, and in 2 days, i received 5 offers, i might get something interesting for it.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Last edited by Sudaka at Oct 26, 2011,