Looking at some good audio interfaces and was wondering what you guys thought of it?

Here's a link to it: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-us-800-usb-audio-midi-interface

I figured for the price it shouldn't be too bad right? It has basically all the things I need, though I'm not really sure if I can connect this to a monitor as I've never had a monitors to connect to, but I would like to in the future. The only thing is that it is USB 2.0 and I've lurked around here long enough to know that Firewire seems to be the way to go.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
It can connect monitors through the RCA jacks in the back. I'd be concerned with the latency on 6 inputs with USB, but I've heard decent things about that interface, and at $150, you honestly can't go wrong. You get Cubase LE4 with it, which is worth the price alone, as you can upgrade it to Cubase 6 for $300, which would end up costing you $450 total ($50 less than just buying the software), and you get a free interface with it

I think I might pick one up for that very purpose, actually

Check out the Sweetwater site though, it's $50 cheaper:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/US800 At that price, it is a complete steal IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 26, 2011,
Whoa that's an awesome price! Yea I'm definitely getting it now for sure! I just wanted to know what kind of drawbacks I would be looking at though since I won't be getting another interface for a while after I buy this (gotta buy a new Xbox Live and Battlefield 3 lol)
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Yeah, I'm gonna buy it now just for the software, cause I'm gonna switch to Cubase from Pro Tools since I'm not paying $300 to upgrade to PT10 for features that other DAWs have had for years, just for them to release 11 in a few months when it finally goes 64 bit
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com