I found this image on a forum recently and I was wondering how I would go about applying a similar finish to my Jazz Bass. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where I can order a new black Jazz Bass pickguard that would fit a Mexican Fender Jazz? I ordered a pickguard before but it did not fit. I believe my Fender is a 2006 based on the "Fender 60" button on the back of the headstock.
Last edited by Ian214325465342 at Oct 26, 2011,
Spend 45 cents on a newspaper. Spend 30 seconds glueing it on, then reinstall pick-gaurd.

It looks like shit at the curved parts.
glue and newspaper
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
Quote by R45VT
Spend 45 cents on a newspaper. Spend 30 seconds glueing it on, then reinstall pick-gaurd.

It looks like shit at the curved parts.

Aw damn, I thought the creator had some sort of method to make it look smooth all around. Disappointing, but thanks for the heads up.
Guys that's not newspaper, that's the bible lol.

Just glue the pages on, then spray some clear coats.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Ian214325465342
*pic*

I found this image on a forum recently and I was wondering how I would go about applying a similar finish to my Jazz Bass. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where I can order a new black Jazz Bass pickguard that would fit a Mexican Fender Jazz? I ordered a pickguard before but it did not fit. I believe my Fender is a 2006 based on the "Fender 60" button on the back of the headstock.
Read this: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/mat.htm

Quote by jthm_guitarist

Looks like he did something useful with it.
It would look a lot smoother and shinier if you used decoupage. Essentially, you coat the guitar in Modge Podge, lay your desired pages over it and then brush more Modge Podge over it. It will fill in the cracks and seal it out. It looks really cool! My old acoustic has pics of my friends over it using that method. Pretty cheap too!

check out philx's ltd sticker guitar its way cooler looking
Last edited by jose1216 at Oct 26, 2011,
Quote by jthm_guitarist

That's so ****ing metal!
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by jose1216

check out philx's ltd sticker guitar its way cooler looking

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, but its still a neat looking guitar.