Hello pit,
So I have an air conditioner/humidifier for my guitars imported from the states. It can handle european electric system (220v-240v, 50hz) well but it was equiped with this plug

Now I only have a converter kit which only takes the 2 flat prong. Is it safe to leave out the roudned ground plug or is there something else I could use?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

just replace the plug with whatever your country uses. Leaving out the ground prong could be dangerous if there's a malfunction.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by myevilside
just replace the plug with whatever your country uses. Leaving out the ground prong could be dangerous if there's a malfunction.

Do like this, the rounded one should be the safety pin. It's not absolutelly necessary, but it's useful in case of a short.
What if I use a clip on cable connect the ground from the surge directly to the ground prong? Should work, right?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by CaptDin
I would probably just physically replace the plug.

Yeah but the cable is not detachable. I will have to solder it.
How about I solder the ground prong on this plug and clip it on my outlets ground connector? It still should be a proper loop right?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Can't you get a new converter?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by hminh87
Yeah but the cable is not detachable. I will have to solder it.
How about I solder the ground prong on this plug and clip it on my outlets ground connector? It still should be a proper loop right?

use a pair of scissors? just cut off the old plug, strip the wire and put a rewireable European plug on it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
You can probably switch it to your power and frequency or it does it automatically. I would just get the plug adapter to fit in your weird and funky 6 prong outlets that you daft europeans have lol

or just ask some dude at a shop, it's mainly to make sure you don't fry your amp. You guys run on 240v which means your amperage is likely lower than ours, we get 15-20 amps usually. The frequency might seriously mess with the electronics. I'd be more worried if I had gotten an amp from europe and brought it here since our amperage is likey higher and our frequency is 60 instead of 50Hz.