What is the difference between say a Fender Jaguar worth £450 and one that looks pretty much very similar but valued at £750? I know it's a simple question but I am wondering whether it's worth paying the extra few hundred quid....
post 2 + post 3
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
You'll have to get more specific...

Each Jaguar, though they look similer will have a specific Model Number (I'm assuming that we're talking about NEW guitars) Within those model numbers, you should be able to find out what kind of pickups, hardware, neck shape, special electronics etc... for each one. could also be what kind of wood they're made of, or simply where they were made...

I've got a Stratocaster made in Mexico, that looks, from a distance, exactly like an American Standard. But the Devil's in the Details... so they say... Mine was $500.00 US, but the American Std was just shy of $1000.00...

Do some homework and perhaps you'll find that the differences don't matter to you, and you'll be just as happy with the cheaper version... but at least you'll be able to make an informed choice..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Oct 26, 2011,
Quote by jacko_17
What is the difference between say a Fender Jaguar worth £450 and one that looks pretty much very similar but valued at £750? I know it's a simple question but I am wondering whether it's worth paying the extra few hundred quid....

Do you know the specific model name? It's hard to determine which Jaguars you're talking about to someone not familiar with guitar prices in GBP.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
^ it's hard to know the models even if you are

yeah, more info needed, as already has been asked
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
can you hear/feel the difference

Almost all of the time, I find that you get what you pay for.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X