Page 1 of 5
Linky

Quote by Article
The suit, which PETA says it will file Wednesday in U.S. District Court in San Diego, hinges on the fact that the 13th Amendment, while prohibiting slavery and involuntary servitude, does not specify that only humans can be victims.

"By any definition, these orcas are slaves — kidnapped from their homes, kept confined, denied everything that's natural to them and forced to perform tricks for SeaWorld's profit," said Kerr. "The males have their sperm collected, the females are artificially inseminated and forced to bear young which are sometimes shipped away."

.... I don't even know what to say.

Discuss, flame PETA, or lament the orca's "plight."
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
PETA needs to GTFO... really. They're worse than Greenpeace. The only difference between them is that Greenpeace still thinks about the points they adress. After that they stop thinking. PETA doesn't even think at all
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
PETA is one of the last organizations in the world that truly understands what's important. These poor animals ARE slaves, and I hope SeaWorld burns to the ground for what they've done to them. It's disgraceful and disgusting.
I don't like PETA, and I think they're being a little hysterical, but they do have a point. Keeping killer whales in captivity is pretty cruel.
I don't see why people have a problem with this?

Seems like a great way to move an important issue forward.
Based on what they've said, any exotic pet could technically be considered a slave.

But I think it's cruel to keep these animals in captivity, especially considering the large distances they cover in the wild. Being confined to a tank probably stresses them.

And I agree with this: http://www.physorg.com/news181981904.html
cat
Quote by spitonastranger

Pretty much.

People love to hate.
Quote by metalh3ad88
PETA is one of the last organizations in the world that truly understands what's important. These poor animals ARE slaves, and I hope SeaWorld burns to the ground for what they've done to them. It's disgraceful and disgusting.

u trollin'

I still mad

fuck you

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Pfft, I shat myself.

Are the whales forced ? Yes. Do they complain ? No. Are they therefore a victim of slavery ? NO.

Problem solved, on to Sea Shepherd.
Quote by spitonastranger

PETA are not the type of people to be taken seriously.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by metalh3ad88

This. Animals should only live in the wild where they're safe from predators, have constant supplies of food, and guaranteed mates. Putting them in tanks is akin to slavery. Those poor fish are doing back breaking labor 24/7 with no pay. where's THEIR minimum wage?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I agree with their point, any place that keeps animals in captivity without good reason is a place I dont like. Nature reserves where injured animals are nursed back to health or where endangered species are bred for release are alright, but as far as I know Seaworld doesn't do that. So unless someone shows me otherwise, **** SeaWorld.

However, do I think this is the right way to address the problem? Not at all, and in fact it seems as though PETA's plans never do anything but exacerbate the problem or turn it into a joke. Like their whole idea to stop overfishing by changing the name of fish to seakittens. What did that do but make people treat the problem like a joke?
Quote by metalh3ad88

Er, how?
I fail to see the big deal and I agree with their general point, frankly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Lord_Doku
Pfft, I shat myself.

Are the whales forced ? Yes. Do they complain ? No. Are they therefore a victim of slavery ? NO.

Problem solved, on to Sea Shepherd.

They have a shorter life expectancy in captivity than in the wild and they've attacked their trainers before which could be because of stress. I can't talk to orcas, but I'm pretty sure they'd complain if we could understand them.

Quote by Pat_s1t

However, do I think this is the right way to address the problem? Not at all, and in fact it seems as though PETA's plans never do anything but exacerbate the problem or turn it into a joke. Like their whole idea to stop overfishing by changing the name of fish to seakittens. What did that do but make people treat the problem like a joke?

I kinda agree with you here, but at least they're bringing attention to the issues.
And I wouldn't eat a seakitten.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Oct 26, 2011,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/21/fbi-most-wanted-animal-rights-activist

"Animal rights and environmental extremism pose a significant domestic terror threat," the FBI said in a press statement. It said that animal-rights extremists have caused more than $110m in damages.

PETA should gtfo. Animals do not have the same mindset as human and therefore should not be treated as such. Humans can wonder 'How was the universe born?' or 'What is my purpose here?'. All animals can understand is 'Eat...... Sleep..... Mate..... Eat...... Sleep..... Mate.....'
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by institutions
I care about animal rights, but only for the cute, fuzzy ones.

Fuck whales.

Hey, whales are fuzzy!

OT, as an honorary sperm whale, I'm very pleased with these efforts to liberate my captive brethren.

EDIT:
Quote by LordBishek
Let's feed PETA to the whales.

I also approve of this.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Oct 26, 2011,
Quote by behind_you
All animals can understand is 'Eat...... Sleep..... Mate..... Eat...... Sleep..... Mate.....'

Replace actual mating with fapping and you could say the same about the average pitmonkey.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I just found this.

this guy says that "the current relationship between humans and dolphins is, in effect, equivalent to the relationship between whites and Black slaves two centuries ago."

I don't know if I'd go this far but no one can deny that dolphins are extremely intelligent. And they've saved people from sharks, so you're a dick if you think mistreating them is okay.
cat
This is outrageous, these orca whales need to be brought back to their natural habitat, someone needs to send them back to the moon!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Replace actual mating with fapping and you could say the same about the average pitmonkey.

Hey! I don't fap!

<_<

>_>
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by guitarxo
I just found this.

this guy says that "the current relationship between humans and dolphins is, in effect, equivalent to the relationship between whites and Black slaves two centuries ago."

I don't know if I'd go this far but no one can deny that dolphins are extremely intelligent. And they've saved people from sharks, so you're a dick if you think mistreating them is okay.

They're also the only animal I know of (humans aside) that commit murder and rape for pleasure. I mean, I love 'em like cousins, but they can be pretty awful.

Quote by ErikLensherr

You forgot pooping
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by guitarxo
I just found this.

What is this? Facts? Facts!?!?

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
They're also the only animal I know of (humans aside) that commit murder and rape for pleasure. I mean, I love 'em like cousins, but they can be pretty awful.

Oh yeah that's true. It's like humans though, you can't say that every dolphin likes rape/murder. Unless they do...that would be scary.

also there's more!

Quote by Wikipedia
Some species of birds appear to combine sexual intercourse with apparent violent assault; these include ducks,[47] geese, and white-fronted bee-eaters.

Quote by Wikipedia
Since the early 1990’s, for example, young male elephants in Pilanesberg National Park and the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve in South Africa have been raping and killing rhinoceroses; this abnormal behaviour, according to a 2001 study in the journal Pachyderm, has been reported in ‘‘a number of reserves’’ in the region.

Quote by dann_blood
What is this? Facts? Facts!?!?

cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Oct 26, 2011,
Quote by Pat_s1t
I agree with their point, any place that keeps animals in captivity without good reason is a place I dont like. Nature reserves where injured animals are nursed back to health or where endangered species are bred for release are alright, but as far as I know Seaworld doesn't do that. So unless someone shows me otherwise, **** SeaWorld.

There are regulations and laws in place that make sure that they support conservation of the animals and education of the public regarding things like conservation.

Quote by AeolianSeventh
Hey, whales are fuzzy!

OT, as an honorary sperm whale, I'm very pleased with these efforts to liberate my captive brethren.

Orcas aren't whales, they're dolphins.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by StayBlack
PETA can go f themselves. Zoos and seaworlds can also go f themselves.

You're a delightful fellow.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by doomded
There are regulations and laws in place that make sure that they support conservation of the animals and education of the public regarding things like conservation.

Can't argue with this, they've done a lot to help with conservation. But it doesn't cancel out what's happening to the dolphins.
cat
These whales are nothing but illegal aliens coming to our country, stealin' our jerbs. I tried to get a job at seaworld but was beaten by one of them there orcas cause the black and white bastard was more PC.
I dunno. Even though I'm a huge animal rights supporter, I'm on the fence about this.

I don't like PeTA, but I haven't really studied Sea World. For all I know, maybe these animals are being unethically mistreated, and there are things going on I don't know about.

Or maybe they're being treated just fine and PeTA is just looking to start trouble and gain press attention.

Either one seems plausible to me.
The suit, which PETA says it will file Wednesday in U.S. District Court in San Diego, hinges on the fact that the 13th Amendment, while prohibiting slavery and involuntary servitude, does not specify that only humans can be victims.

The Bill of Rights only applies to US Citizens. I can't believe I even have to make this point.
hello
Quote by doomded
Orcas aren't whales, they're dolphins.

Okay, fine, captive couseren.

Page 1 of 5