i play alot of that stuff and it always seems like a drop my pick every other song or so is this normal, and if not how should i be holding my pick properly?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
It's going to sound very obvious and dumb, but grip it more tightly.
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
Quote by emaxwelkooti

Get picks with a texture: jazz III's and dunlop do some pretty good ones. Or, you could get a stanley knife and just cut into the pick on both sides to get a similar effect - I've done that before and it seems to do the job.

You could buy some Gorilla Snot, which will help a hell of a lot.

Or one of these:
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 26, 2011,
Quote by emaxwelkooti

Actually, do the complete opposite. I never drop picks and I hold the very very lightly. I alternate between Jim Dunlop Jazz III's and Dava grip picks.

Gripping it harder will just add tension which is never a good thing for various reasons.. (including less fluid playing, less consistent playing, injury etc).
Well, since he said punk, I sort of assumed he meant for fast power-chord strumming. When I do that, I grip my pick like my life depends on it (this may be because I strum harder than most of the guys I know). For anything else, make sure you're holding it tightly enough.
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
dunlop do more than just jazz 3s with the max grip. check out the whole max grip range
try and hold the pick like its going to fall out, but keep it between your thumb and finger. use up AND down strokes (more often than not I forget). try and reduce the amount of space your hand moves after each up or down stroke (don't windmill that shit). Use a fairly thin pick and have it pointing to 270 degrees clockwise from the tip of your thumb. other than that, make sure you hit the strings
But windmilling is awesome!!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

That's one long title.

Like some of the other guys already said, getting a pick with a texture/grippy part helps.