I can no longer put up with my Big Muff Pi. I bought it on a whim a while back and it's come in handy here and there, but recently i've started playing in a band (think mbv, jesus and mary chain, ride) and it doesn't seem to have any bottom end and i cant hear the chord voicings as i'd like. I'm not too keen on the overall sound of it either, I have a Germanium fuzz which does the trick for some things but doesn't sound right for this chordy melody stuff.

I've been looking at a couple of things such as the Death by Audio Fuzz War, Penny Pedals Fingerprint and a few others, will be using it with my Fulltone OCD, Wampler Tape Echo through a 65's deluxe reissue.

Has anyone had hands on experience with the fuzz war, fingerprint or able to recommend something or the sound i'm after?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
The lack of bottem end you getting could be a result of your EQ, your amp, or both. You also have to factor in the EQ of the entire band when your playing - you have to have the EQ mixed just right if you want the bottom end of your fuzz to really stand out.

Give us some more specifics about your rig.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Hi,

If your looking for clarity in your chordwork, a fuzz isn't really the way to go, but I agree with Vypor, try fiddling around with your amp and EQ, try adding maybe a bit more treble, I find that normally makes the chords sound more clearly (but that might just be my rig!)
Its definitely the pedal, i have other fuzzes which sound much fatter compared to the big muff.

my rig

late 60's Kay - boss tu2 - mw fuzzytone germanium fuzz - EHX big muff - fulltone ocd - wampler tape echo - Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb reissue
Personally, I really like the MXR Blue Box, but its an acquired taste.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
The lack of bottem end you getting could be a result of your EQ, your amp, or both. You also have to factor in the EQ of the entire band when your playing - you have to have the EQ mixed just right if you want the bottom end of your fuzz to really stand out.

Give us some more specifics about your rig.

This. TS, i'm all about having loads of bass in my sound and the big muff pi is plenty bassy, i can get good kyuss tones with that if i eq my amp right.