I cut my left (fingering) hand's nail too short and have a gig this friday and two practices til then...how do I survive this? I thought of taping around my fingernail...will that work? any other solutions lemme know please ha this kinda sucks. I'm worried most about like ripping the skin from the nail and making it more painful or bloody...uhhh haha what a weird post
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Should have cut them with your toe knife.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
You have to concentrate really hard on growing it back more quickly than usual
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I think in beauty shops they sell acrylic stuff you can use to make a fake nail.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
I think in beauty shops they sell acrylic stuff you can use to make a fake nail.

ive tried it before, it doesnt stay on very well at all.

i recommend super glue.
If you need nails that badly, rgrockr is right. You can get acrylic false nails that last a little while. I know a few fingerpickers use them sometimes.

Quote by rickyj
ive tried it before, it doesnt stay on very well at all.

What sort were you using? If you get them professionally done you'll only be able to get them off with an evening of filing (or careful use of a dremel...)
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Oct 26, 2011,
dont cut your nails..bite 'em..its soo BR00TZ and you'll have hard time biting them too short..

But seriously..man up, and hope it grows back..

Lesson well learned I hope..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
but really from what i've heard from interviews with proffessional musicians plasters and glue are your best bet and kirk hammet tapes his hand up with masking tape.
Quote by Joeval

What sort were you using? If you get them professionally done you'll only be able to get them off with an evening of filing (or careful use of a dremel...)

well he doesnt really have to have nails, his point was that they hurt because he cut them too short.

what i was using was this liquid that dries into a solid nail-like material

seriously, super glue is your best bet. im not sure if you can find medical glue anywhere but that would be best.

i used super glue to hold my nail together once when my thumbnail cracked in half and it worked pretty well.
Superglue or one of those liquid bandages, you take this little brush thing and spread this liquid stuff over your finger and it creates like a layer of fake skin where you got cut or something. Works for me when my fingernails are too short to play
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I hate to sound like an ass, but I do this all the time and I just deal with it. It isn't that bad...
Quote by olix95
I hate to sound like an ass, but I do this all the time and I just deal with it. It isn't that bad...

You sound like the only sensible person here. Unless you're a leftie and need nails for fingerpicking just deal with it. your back gonna be what's more sore after the gig anyways
I always do that since I compulsively pick at my nails. It hurts like hell for a few days, and usually by the end of day 3, it doesn't hurt anymore.
Shirloads of salt, lemon and vinegar. And keep slashing it - by the time the gig comes around it will probably have got infected or something and be numb enough for you not to feel it.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by Sign of War
man up...

This. Besides, if you end up cutting your finger and play the entire set with blood gushing out, you'll look more badass.
Quote by andyscoot
First World Problem.

Well soooooorry those third world savages are too uncivilized to clip their nails.
A SIGNATURE.
aw, boo hoo. want me to kiss it?
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by DonGlover
Well soooooorry those third world savages are too uncivilized to clip their nails.

They probably bite their nails, or leave them. Something tells me they dont have little nail clippers, and i bet they don't get in the way of their Electric Guitar playing...
Quote by andyscoot
They probably bite their nails, or leave them. Something tells me they dont have little nail clippers, and i bet they don't get in the way of their Electric Guitar playing...

Pfft, what a bunch of barbarians...
A SIGNATURE.
How awesome would it be if, just as he broke out into an insane solo, the skin of his hands peeled off, leaving just the bone.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Suffer the pain like a man
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone