At guitar center they had a used MIM Strat. It had an EVH pickguard that was only black and white, no red. It only had a bridge humbucker and a volume knob, that was it. I wanted to research it a little but I can't find it through any of my google searches. Anybody know the guitar I'm talking about and could give me a link or something?
It was probably a MIM strat someone had modded.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I was also wondering about adding a neck pickup to it. Can you cut holes into the pickguard, or should I just buy a new pickguard? How much would it cost for me to do it myself, or would I probably be able to do it myself? I know I would have to put in a selector switch. I don't care about adding a tone knob or anything. Just use the volume knob for both pickups and have a selector switch to go between the two pickups?
It was undoubtedly an aftermarket pickguard. I've seen plenty of them in various color schemes. Yes, you can cut a new pickup cavity in a pickguard. It is easy to do, but not easy to make it clean. Since most plastic pickguards are cheap, you would probably be better off buying a new one and not having to deal with an ugly, ill-cut hole. Unless, of course, you happen to like that look. Hey; Eddie Van Halen made a career out of guitars that look like they've been blown up with a pipe bomb.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Hey; Eddie Van Halen made a career out of guitars that look like they've been blown up with a pipe bomb.

no he made a career out of going..

twiddly twiddly twiddly twiddly

open g divebomb VVVVVVVV

smile for the camera!
Quote by Pac_man0123
Fender never made anything like that. Closest to a production EVH strat is that run of guitars Charvel made several years back... Didn't call them EVH or anything if I remember correctly. Art series I think it was.

Oh, they called them EVH guitars all right. There was no way they were going to pass up on that product tie-in!

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley