hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a new guitar at christmas, could you guys give me some suggestions on which guitars i should get?

I mainly play Rock/Metal but also play blues occationally, I'm currently running an Epiphone SG310 through an Ashton GA-50 amp with no pedals. I've been playing for almost 2 years and mostly play Avenged Sevenfold or Metallica.

I would rather a H-S-H configuration, a double locking floyd rose is a must and no Les-Pauls, I dislike the feel of them.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Sounds to me like you want an Ibanez.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by reversegenesis
Ibanez RG370DX is pretty much exactly that. Not many colour options though.

Your dream guitar right here ^
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
I'd go second hand. You're not going to get a guitar brand new with a decent trem unless you're able to spend good money. I've heard that guitars in Austrailia are very expensive too.

What is your budget?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ibanez pretty much, try finding a nice used one. Ibanezs are pretty sturdy.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by reversegenesis
Ibanez RG370DX is pretty much exactly that. Not many colour options though.

Yeah, I've seen that one, it looks pretty awesome, is it hard to put in a new trem? because I fix my own guitars and service them myself anyways.

Thanks all for replies, are Jackson any good? and I can't find an ESP for under $500
Get an HSS Fender Standard Strat with a floyd rose and mod it with a single-coil sized humbucker in the neck. There'd have your HSH pickup configuration and a locking trem. it'd be about a $700 deal for the strat though, and maybe another $80+ for the pickup. Try buying used.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by emo_boi95
Yeah, I've seen that one, it looks pretty awesome, is it hard to put in a new trem? because I fix my own guitars and service them myself anyways.

Thanks all for replies, are Jackson any good? and I can't find an ESP for under $500

Finding new trems that'll fit your guitar isn't hard, its just that you'll be spending quite a bit more when you might have the option to get a guitar with the hardware you want right out of the box second hand for potentially less money.

Imo the brand of the guitar doesn't really matter. Jackson's X series are nothing too special but their Pro Series and up are nice, but they're out of your budget if you're going brand new

You aren't going to find ESP's in your price range of $500. Search for ESP LTD and you'll have more luck, but they're inferior guitars imo. That's not to say that LTD's are bad, i'm just not a fan of them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 26, 2011,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Finding new trems that'll fit your guitar isn't hard, its just that you'll be spending quite a bit more when you might have the option to get a guitar with the hardware you want right out of the box second hand for potentially less money.

Imo the brand of the guitar doesn't really matter. Jackson's X series are nothing too special but their Pro Series and up are nice, but they're out of your budget if you're going brand new

You aren't going to find ESP's in your price range of $500. Search for ESP LTD and you'll have more luck, but they're inferior guitars imo. That's not to say that LTD's are bad, i'm just not a fan of them.

yeah nor am i, friend's got one but i don't like the feel of it.

is there any good old ibanez models i should keep my eyes open for?
I'm not expert on Ibanez guitars, but a lot of the RG's from the 80's and 90's were fantastic guitars. There's a good market for them and they're selling super cheap for what they are.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ahh.. thanks guys, it's hard finding 80-90s guitar in australia. i think i'll get the RG370DX
Even though the trems on the 370's are god-awful?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
^If you are going for a Floyd-Rose Floating Tremolo guitar, I've heard the 550's from the 90's are good.
Current Playing Gear:
Johnson DeQ 2 Distortion Pedal
Peavey ValveKing 1x12 50W Tube Combo
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal