Page 1 of 6
Link

Bobby Montoya is a 7-year-old boy from Denver. Unlike a lot of young boys, Bobby has no desire to join the Boy Scouts. Instead, he wants to be a Girl Scout. We first saw Montoya's story over at 9news.com. The NBC affiliate reports that when the boy's mother, Felisha Archuleta, tried to sign her son up for Girl Scouts, a troop leader told her no. Archuleta spoke with 9News about the incident. "I said, 'Well, what's the big deal?' She [the troop leader] said, 'It doesn't matter how he looks; he has boy parts, he can't be in Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts don't allow that, [and] I don't want to be in trouble by parents or my supervisor.'" Reporters with 9News contacted Girl Scouts of Colorado about Montoya's application, which prompted the group to release a statement: "Our requests for support of transgender kids have grown, and Girl Scouts of Colorado is working to best support these children, their families and the volunteers who serve them. In this case, an associate delivering our program was not aware of our approach. She contacted her supervisor, who immediately began working with the family to get the child involved and supported in Girl Scouts. We are accelerating our support systems and training so that we're better able to serve all girls, families and volunteers." We placed a call to Rachelle Trujillo, vice president of communications at Girl Scouts of Colorado, for further clarification. She replied with this statement: "Girl Scouts is an inclusive organization, and we accept all girls in kindergarten through 12th grade as members. If a child lives life as a girl and the family brings the child to us to participate in Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her. Girl Scouts of Colorado respects the privacy of all girls and families we work with. When a family requests membership for their daughter, we do not require proof of gender, we respect the decisions of families." So it would seem that Bobby will get his wish. Gender-identity issues are becoming more common, especially among young children--which makes it more likely that the policy of the Girl Scouts will face future tests in the months and years ahead.

Thoughts?
Either pervert or gay.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Either pervert or gay.

He's "confused" brah
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by Trowzaa
Either pervert or gay.

either ignorant or troll.
Why would he even want to join the girl scouts?

They're weak. I mean, all they do is bake cookies, right?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy

Damn good cookies. Beats shitty ass popcorn i sold as a boyscout...
But it is weird...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by Rancid Ivy

If it would get me closer to the source their cookies, I'd want to sign up to.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
They should have no urge to let him in. It's just stupid, and they are in no fault by refusing him.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
the cookies he bakes has nuts in them
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
well this is just silly. Any kind of "X-gender only" groups are pretty stupid, if you ask me, especially with kids.
I don't see why not. All we did in Girl Scouts was make crafts and sell cookies and shit. If this 7 year old boy is looking for lesbian slumber parties he's out of luck.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
i spent 6 years in Boy Scouts surrounded by dudes when i could have spent those years surrounded by girls?! damn this kid.

srs response:

as long as no harm or inappropriate behavior occurs to either him or the girls he's around, it should be okay. though, i really dread the kind of torture he might have to go through if any of his male friends or acquaintances find out he's a Girl Scout. it's a shame altogether than he might be bullied or made fun of because of this...but kids are kids.

Quote by CoreysMonster
well this is just silly. Any kind of "X-gender only" groups are pretty stupid, if you ask me, especially with kids.

i would take that one step further and say that any group which represents itself as cherishing or requiring traits that you literally have by sheer chance are pretty stupid.

gender clubs, race/ethnic clubs, religion clubs (for the most part) all fall into this example.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Oct 26, 2011,
im all for gays and equality and blah blah blah, but these are the girl scouts ffs
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Rancid Ivy

the girl scouts don't bake the cookies, they sell them.

the scouts are simply middle men
Dude.
Why would you put your kid in a sausage fest, and then not expect him to be gay later in life.
But this kid.
He knows whats up.
He wants to get some nice 7 year old poontang.
Quote by DempseyPunk
im all for gays and equality and blah blah blah, but these are the girl scouts ffs

This.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
wtf. every girl scout I ever met thought GSA was weak and wanted to be a boy scout.

Should be like mexico, they just let girls in the boy scouts.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Girl Scouts > Boy Scouts.
That is all.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by CoreysMonster

It's a good thing we didn't ask you.

Oh, and please don't be an idiot and take this seriously.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by Jackal58
Girl Scouts > Boy Scouts.
That is all.

We're talking the modern incarnations of both right?
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
We're talking the modern incarnations of both right?

Since their inception.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Boys=Boys
Girls=Girls

That is all.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Boys=Boys
Girls=Girls

That is all.

What about sexy traps?
This is what happens when we create a world where people thinks it's ok to deviate from their natural gender.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Jackal58
Since their inception.

Really? I've read a couple old Boy Scout manuals and they seemed pretty legit compared to now. Girl Scouts were just as badass in their early days as they are now?
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
Quote by Im_Broken
Dude.
Why would you put your kid in a sausage fest, and then not expect him to be gay later in life.
But this kid.
He knows whats up.

My god. You're right. This kid will be one hellova player by the time he's 13.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Girl scouts are for girls, boy scouts are for boys, technically yes its discrimination to not let boys join the girl scouts and vice versa but tis just not practical at all, it would require so many changes to what they do, maybe not so much with little kids but when they reach say 12, 13 its gonna be a big problem. My old scout leader has always said if they force him to let a girl join his scouts he will quit, it would totally ruin the scouts because everything would have to change. My old leader was probably the most un pc bloke ever and he was a great laugh and we always played proper rough "lads" games and activities and had great banter. If girls joined it would be destroyed.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by son_of_bodom
This is what happens when we create a world where people thinks it's ok to deviate from their natural gender.

And the world is no worse for it.
Gentlemen, we have a future Barney Stinson on our hands.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Why don't they just have 'scouts', rather than boy scouts and girl scouts?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Im_Broken
Dude.
But this kid.
He knows whats up.

You are referring to a 7 year old girls private parts as "nice." You sir are a pedophile, and judging by your avatar, the fan of a craptastic guitarist at that.
Quote by son_of_bodom

Gender is not based in biology. One can be of one sex and of another gender. It is also not a choice so they don't "think" its ok. They don't know how else to live. It is who they are. You are an ignoramus.
Quote by DempseyPunk

This.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
You are referring to a 7 year old girls private parts as "nice." You sir are a pedophile, and judging by your avatar, the fan of a craptastic guitarist at that.

i don't think he was serious >.>

and to your other post, if you have a dick you are a guy; if you have lips down there, you are girl. there isn't really anything to change the fact that you were born of one gender or the other. though, it isn't wrong i guess to act like another gender, look at 80s hair metal stars.