Hello UG, I am currently saving for an axe in the price range of £500-650 and wondered if anyone can help me out. I mainly play thrash, like the big four and stuff. I also love sepultura and the whole drop b really heavy gain sound.
So, could you help me pick a guitar?

1) BC Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe

2) Jackson Pro Series RR3 Rhoads

3) PRS se 25th Anniversary Custom 24

4) BC Rich Asm Pro Electric Guitar

Or please suggest something like these guitars

Thanks,

Loha
Quote by Slash_fanboy
Jackson or PRS.
I'd take the PRS out of those in a heartbeat.

yeah the Prs is nice, but when I think thrash, it's Jackson/Charvel that would probly win out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
strech your budget and stop looking at pointy shit.

in fact look at my sig

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
strech your budget and stop looking at pointy shit.

in fact look at my sig

To be honest, the BC Rich appealed to me because of Arise era Max Cavalera.
Also, what kind of budget is good for a really great recording/gigging guitar, Keep in mind that I'm 14 and sold my xbox and games to afford new gear, not that I'm poor, just saturday jobs are hard to find :S
Well my rg is 630...

thats a professional top end guitar.

*end of shameless whoring*

if your stretched for money go 2nd hand, you open up a much wider spectrum of better quality guitars and save some money.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Moved to EG.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Tom 1.0
Well my rg is 630...

thats a professional top end guitar.

*end of shameless whoring*

if your stretched for money go 2nd hand, you open up a much wider spectrum of better quality guitars and save some money.

So you'd say 600-700 is professional standard? Also, I kind of don't have all of the money yey, just looking for a goal. Ideally I want a top grade guitar for gigging and recording metal and thrash
no,

depends on the guitar IMO

but I would whole heartedly suggest when you have the money, come back and ask and we will find you a killer guitar for however you have to spend.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
no,

depends on the guitar IMO

but I would whole heartedly suggest when you have the money, come back and ask and we will find you a killer guitar for however you have to spend.

Cool, thanks, Im hoping to have 700 Pound to spend, asking for money for xmas, saving pocket money (20 a week) selling stuff on ebay, etc

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Completely depends on the model your after.

Anything thats an LP Studio would probably go for about 500-800 depending on condition.

everything else tends to stay over the 1k mark.

Then SGs, Explorers and Vs tend to go for around the 800-1000 mark too.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb