So, as suggested in a previous thread (and some further research), I bought one of these- http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCG102.aspx
I also downloaded Reaper, which was heavily debated in the last thread(for the love of God, don't continue it in here).

I got everything set up and switched all the settings and what not to what they should be(at least i think), except for two things. My first and last inputs simply do not exist. In the drop-down menu, there is nothing to select. I must be missing something, but I have just no clue.
If this isn't enough info, I can go into more detail.
I will give the person who helps me with 1 internet. Thanks!

Here is link to last thread as reference:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486381&page=1&pp=20
Attachments:
reaper.png
Last edited by JFisJC at Oct 26, 2011,
First mistake is buying the guitar link....anyway...

Download ASIO4ALL (google search it its easy to find) -> Install -> Use ASIO4ALL driver in the ASIO Configuration and see if that gives you an input.

or

See if you can change that "Driver Deafult" in the the thread priorty to something else. I could see option under thread priority to be a few different things so check and see exactly what that is.
So, I downloaded that and I got a little bit further. Now I have inputs. Still, I can't record. I also changed the "thread priority" to everything, and none of them worked
Attachments:
reaper2.png
Well the input should be someting along the lines of USB something. You should be able to get that with the Behringer driver you had earlier...hmmm...i don't know man...sorry
Dude,

I've bought that guitar link this summer, and just sold it for a few bucks to a friend like 3 weeks after. It have lot's of problems to connect it as well and to record with it (even more problems when you work with windows 7 or vista), and probably you have to get the solution by yourself, cause every problem have a diferent reason, so I'm sorry but I can't help.

And it don't sound really good btw, so I've bought the Line 6 POD UX1, it's a bit more expensive but it's way better.
Quote by FireHawk
First mistake is buying the guitar link....anyway...

Download ASIO4ALL (google search it its easy to find) -> Install -> Use ASIO4ALL driver in the ASIO Configuration and see if that gives you an input.

or

See if you can change that "Driver Deafult" in the the thread priorty to something else. I could see option under thread priority to be a few different things so check and see exactly what that is.

Quote by GusM
Dude,

I've bought that guitar link this summer, and just sold it for a few bucks to a friend like 3 weeks after. It have lot's of problems to connect it as well and to record with it (even more problems when you work with windows 7 or vista), and probably you have to get the solution by yourself, cause every problem have a diferent reason, so I'm sorry but I can't help.

And it don't sound really good btw, so I've bought the Line 6 POD UX1, it's a bit more expensive but it's way better.

I actually don't agree with you. I've got the UCG102 and it works absolutely perfect. I've recorded an entire EP with it and I'm working on a second. It sounds great if you know how to use it.

Quote by JFisJC
So, I downloaded that and I got a little bit further. Now I have inputs. Still, I can't record. I also changed the "thread priority" to everything, and none of them worked

Well that's strange. What I did is I installed the drivers that came with the unit and pretty much went "**** you" to ASIO4ALL.
OK, I've got a Guitar Link (not even a Behringer-branded one, a cheap generic version I got off ebay for £8 although it's identical hardware) and I have to disagree with a lot of the trash-talk. It's a solid little unit, and sounds fine to me - and the 20-or-so bands who've done demos in my studio and been happy with the guitar tone. As long as your VST sim is nice, the quality of the interface is barely relevant. I can get great tones straight into my PC's line in port.

Install the Behringer drivers but use ASIO4ALL in your actual software for the best stability.
Quote by GusM
I've picked the generic one from ebay too, and it sounded like crap compared to my ux1, just my opinion.

I forget the one I had but the dry signal recorded was very latent and muddy. If you don't have a good dry signal it doesn't matter if your amp sim is good.