Amin, Csus, D7, G Maj

If you're playing that chord progression in the key of G major, is the Csus played with the F sharp? I thought it over and got very confused...
Username is from years ago, just saying
Csus2, or Csus4?
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Well... what the formula for a sus chord?

sus4 = 1 - 4 - 5

Now... What are the notes in G major?
G major = G A B C D E F# G

So... Suspended seventh chords use a minor seventh. and the suspended seventh is usually built off a sus4 chord.

With that being said, the formula is now 1 - 4 - 5 - b7.
or, G C D F.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
I don't "assume" Sus as 4 especially when Sus2 chords are more frequent in the guitar. That sounds like something that is dogmatic from maybe classical styles of theory as traditionally taught. In which case, rather than calling that "wrong" I'll defer to those who agree with that approach concerning those limitations in that context.

The reason I don't follow that or assume that way? The 4 wants to pull to the 3rd a half step away, but sus2 chords, with the 2 being a full step away from the 3rd (assuming major) has a greater amount of harmonic distance and thus sounds more open ended.

TS the sus 4 in C is not an F# but an F a sus 2 would be a D.

I think you are asking for the reason that the Diatonic Key of G has the F# in it, right? Well, if you're ask if a Csus4 is diatonic to G Major, youre correct, it's not. But there are other forms of harmony besides Diatonic. Make sure you understand that diatonic harmony, while common, is only a STARTING point. There are also other kinds of harmony which really allow for diversity and creativity beyond mere diatonic harmony.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Oct 27, 2011,