I could go into detail about how I got to this point but it would just waste your time and interest so I'm gonna get to the point.

I need a mini amp for my bass so I can dick around with my friend at school who plays guitar.

Click here to check out this mini amp that I own.

Will it be able to play it? I've seen other kinds of mini amps be fine for it, but I don't know what will and what won't destroy it. Thanks in advance.
Fair enough.
Well, it'll probably just sound horrible and you won't be able to hear yourself over your mate anyway. The speaker wouldn't be designed to handle the amount of bass frequencies being pumped through it.
Haha, sorry about that, I don't mean to seem like an ad. I just need to know if I can use this little guy or if I have to buy another portable amp of sorts. I got one opinion/answer so far
Fair enough.
Honestly, it'll sound bad, you won't really be able to hear yourself, and you'll probably destroy the speaker in some way or another. I wouldn't advise it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Well, since it's a mini amp, you're going to be cranking that thing up pretty loud to be audible with other people (especially since you're gonna plug bass into it), and considering it's made for guitar and not bass, you'd probably blow the speaker really quick.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Vox Amplug Bass.

Sorted.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Vox Amplug Bass.

Sorted.

Doesn't help at all.

How are both his friend and him supposed to hear it?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alrighty thanks (He's playing acoustic btw) any suggestions for a portable bass amp anything like that?
Fair enough.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Doesn't help at all.

How are both his friend and him supposed to hear it?

...missed that part

You can buy a little speaker for it I'm pretty sure?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Imo, anything less than like 30w on bass you might as well play without an amp. I had an old 15w fender rumble and it had to be cranked to be heard over the strings of the bass and it sounded like utter shit up that loud.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
TS, what's the budget here?

are you completely broke and a student?

and just to be clear, you would ruin the speaker in the
honeytone immediately.

ok seriously, please answer the first 2 questions and i'll help.

Jen
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
@JJ1565- High Five! New Yorkers!

I'm really not looking for anything long term, just something that I can occasionally dick around with at school or at a buddy's house. 50's a good budget I think... (prolly not)

I am in fact broke and a student, though I have a tiny bit of leeway. I'm also not gonna waste your time with extra random info.
Fair enough.
Does your current mini amp have a headphone out? If so, then you could run it through a stereo. Wouldn't sound all that great, but could make it audible...
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by AfroRockerMike
@JJ1565- High Five! New Yorkers!

I'm really not looking for anything long term, just something that I can occasionally dick around with at school or at a buddy's house. 50's a good budget I think... (prolly not)

I am in fact broke and a student, though I have a tiny bit of leeway. I'm also not gonna waste your time with extra random info.

i asked if you're broke because i have a cheap 10W yamaha bass amp downstairs in a closet.

and if i can find a box, and you want to pm me an address to send it to,
it's not a problem.

you being from NY is just a funny coincidence.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by BlindNematode
naw, he's been a member since 2008.

so, be careful with the newbies like me....
LOL

I would love to get an acoustic bass guitar, but unfortunately it's really hard to find a six string acoustic. I guess I'll just have to settle for smaller amps!
Fair enough.
there might be something in the clearance or used section of your local or online guitar store.
or pawn shop for that matter.

i'm sure you can get your hands on an actual practice bass amp for about $50.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

You could blow the speaker on the guitar amp, but it'll work (for awhile). Don't take that chance. Many 10w bass amps go for less than $100 new so find a used one.

Or as mentioned before, vox amplug and the cab. Don't know how loud it'll be though.

If nothing else works out, fill in the acoustic's hole and tell him to play with a piece of paper instead of a pick. Then you'll be heard even without an amp.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
does he have an extra acoustic guitar? if so, just get him to bring it and play basslines on the guitar. it'll sound a lot better than triyng to crank a crappy little guitar amp with your bass
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by AfroRockerMike
If only I could bring the one I have now... It's a really heavy 35W :'( On another quick note, I also have a 10w epiphone guitar amp. It's really small, how badly do you think it would explode with the bass?

http://www.epinions.com/prices/Epiphone_Studio_10_Combo

That's basically it lol

the 10w epi amp's speaker will loosen and buzz over time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Eh it's fine, I'll just bring in my acoustic guitar (I didn't really wanna bring it in cause I'm better with bass and his is a 25 year old classic guitar that he bought for 5000 dollars from some natural wood guitar place in the city, so I'm really gonna look like a scrub to the ladies, even if I do play well) and eventually get a smaller bass amp for portable play. Thanks for all the help you guys.
Fair enough.
Hint: The ladies will have no idea if your guitar costs 10 dollars or 10000 dollars. I promise.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Fact: I got to a school that has a "prestigious" music school... They do know unfortunately (Which is just plain scrubtastic on my part) or at least the one time I did bring it in, I wasn't greeted all too properly (Until I showed them that I CAN play well, and even then since everyone there has instruments over 1k)... I guess there's more to music than just playing it... (sarcastic)
Fair enough.