Hi, is it a good idea to boost volume and some frequencies when solo, i dont wanna use an OD like TS or BM because I want to keep original tone no need to add gain, just boost a little bit high or mid freq. Need some advices.
I mostly use my Boss GE-7 as a boost, i add a bit of low-mids with it as well.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Well boosting mids will add a bit of gain on top but yea I use two EQs religiously with my Fender amp to give it a high gain Marshall-esque sound.
It's a fine way to boost an amp. The MXR 10 band is particularly good for this application because you can adjust the boost without having to touch the frequency sliders. You can dial in the perfect curve and then just adjust the overall level.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
EQ are fine , David Gilmour has 3x GE-7 with different settings :-) in his pedalboard

and maybe u can try volume pedal
Guitar : Jackson DK2M snow white beauty
Combo : AXL rapture 150R
Strings : Ernie Ball 2222
pickups : Jazz III XL
style ? MAIDEN !
Tom Morello uses a EQ as a booster for solos, go for it
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
The MXR ten band has input and output levels... I'm not sure how useful these are but it seems to me playing with them could have good results.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!