Alright, so I've been playing for about 4 years now which is kind of crazy now that I think about it. I'm OK I can do a little solo or strum some chords no problem. So, basically what I'm saying here is I have the muscle memory down to play enough stuff to be able to say I can the play guitar. I like to play mostly on my acoustic guitar. I like to play songs like

Tom Petty - you dont know how it feels-
Pink Floyd - wish you were here
Third Eye Blind - jumper
lynyrd skynyrd - (chords) freebird

But anyways. I need to improve my timing to where I can sing and play well at the same time. Any advice on not only how to improve my timing but also on how to sing and play guitar at the same time. Any exercises, techniques, or tips you could give me for learning good timing and play/singing at the same time would be awesome.

Cool thanks
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
timing metronome

singing and playing just divide and conquer

learn the guitar pert or the singing part so weel you dont even need to thing about it thta way you can focus on the other part using your brainal area
http://www.guitarlearningtips.org/the-guitar-blueprint-to-success/ Read chapter 1, chapter 2 and chapter 4. They will answer your question . It's free btw.

I never tried singing and playing in the same time, but i guess you have to master the guitar part. (when i say master i say you can play it without even thinking) and start singing.

You could also search for a tab that has both the guitar parts and the voice parts
(a guitar pro tab) and see what note values are used in both lines. Start playing them together.

Start slower so you can think better about both parts
Random thought, do you guys believe that you are either born or develop a good sense of rhythm at an early age or you don't? I feel like all you have to do to be a good musician/performer is have a good sense of rhythm. If there was one aspect of my playing that I wish I could improve it would be my rhythm. I don't know why but at times I find it difficult to syncopate my strumming patter with the measure. Do you think practice can help refine ones sense of rhythm? What are your thoughts on guitar playing and rhythm in general?
Quote by apajr
http://www.guitarlearningtips.org/the-guitar-blueprint-to-success/ Read chapter 1, chapter 2 and chapter 4. They will answer your question . It's free btw.

I never tried singing and playing in the same time, but i guess you have to master the guitar part. (when i say master i say you can play it without even thinking) and start singing.

You could also search for a tab that has both the guitar parts and the voice parts
(a guitar pro tab) and see what note values are used in both lines. Start playing them together.

Start slower so you can think better about both parts

I do not know why, but the web page you posted there almost screams gimmick at me. Do I have to sign up to access chapters 1 2 and 4? How does it work