So there's an Ibanez RB-850 Roadstar II MiJ on craigslist for only $150. I stumbled upon it and thought it was purty but I don't know much about these instruments. It's from 1984. Could anyone give me some info on this bass and lemme know if this is a good deal as well?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Sounds like its a good deal if its in good condition, there's an '87 on my local CL going for $350.

Those old MIJ Ibbys are supposed to be great, most people who have them seem to really love them. See if you can try it, if you like it and its not too terribly beat up, you'll get a hell of a bass.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
There's only thing that bothers me is that the pickups and bridge look kinda rusty. Is that gonna affect anything? And how would these compare to say a Vintage Modified Squier?
The corrosion doesn't effect tone.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
A little rust on the polepieces and bridge shouldn't be a big deal, just inspect the hardware if you try it to make sure its in good working order.

How they compare to a VM Squier is completely subjective. You may prefer the feel of one over the other, and as for looks or what sound you're going for, that's your call. If you're talking about general QC, I'd take an older MIJ Ibanez over a VM Squier any day provided the Ibanez hadn't been beat to all hell.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
steel wool, or for the non pickupy parts, aluminum foil and water, restores metal and chrome well
Do it!!

Roadstars are awesome! $150 is a very nice price.

It's an HH config, with a 2/2 headstock, right? VERY awesome basses.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I can't say I know 100% what you just said but if I did, then yes it is.

Unfortunately I don't know when exactly I'll have that spare money, so hopefully it won't sell.
Quote by Rawshik
I can't say I know 100% what you just said but if I did, then yes it is.

Haha, it's cool.

"HH config" = it has two humbucker pickups

"2/2 headstock" = its headstock has 2 tuners on each side, as opposed to 4 in a row.

And yes, that's the one i thought it was. GREAT bass, and pretty aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. Rare-ish, but they're out there and have a loyal fan base. Dave Edwardson, the bassist of Neurosis, uses a Roadstar.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."