I'm looking for a whammy bar for my guitar, I saw this online, would it work with my guitar? Also what's the difference that and this? Is the only difference the bottom part and the bar is exactly the same? Thanks.
Last edited by dismas at Oct 27, 2011,
not sure if serious?

Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Does your guitar have a floyd rose? The one in the link has a fixed bridge. Anyway if you have a floyd rose I'd go for a complete bar and the bit the bar goes into, not sure what you call it but it'll be a better fit and it'll feel a lot tighter too. On both my floyd rose's there's a small allen key screw you get to from below that holds the the whole thing on i'e' the tube part with the threads for the bar. I've bought replacement bars before but getting a really good fit is tricky.

Ps this is pressuming you are serious otherwise forget everything I just said
Last edited by Twidler at Oct 27, 2011,
No. You can't put a whammy bar on a guitar with a stoptail bridge. You'd need a Floyd Rose tremolo system on your guitar already.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-C-1-FR-Electric-Guitar-103642161-i1401616.gc

See how it's different?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Well, it should have come with a bar... if it doesn't have one you can get a replacement pretty easily.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Well, it should have come with a bar... if it doesn't have one you can get a replacement pretty easily.

Yeah I don't know what happened to it. Will the one in the first link work with it?
Quote by dismas
Yeah I don't know what happened to it. Will the one in the first link work with it?

Seriously bud, get the whole thing and bolt it in, far better fit. I took the one from my genuine floyd rose and put it in my jackson sl3, it's so much better. The bush part the arm goes into varies a fair bit so if you can then get it too.

Ask these guys

http://www.floydrose.com/bridges/index.php
Last edited by Twidler at Oct 27, 2011,
the one youre looking at wont work because the Hellraiser has a screw-in type whammy bar. That bar looks like its made for an ibanez system. I think the second one might work.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts/Floyd_Rose_Tremolo_Arms.html

part number 1269B.... one of the reviews says that they used it on a Floyd Rose 1000 (the bridge on your hellcaster) and that it fit...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr