Hi,

Im new here.

Well, I was playing some chords and this came to my mind.
I made a tab at guitar pro, but im not sure if its correct. Seems like the "song" is wrong or something. Also, the bass. In other forum, they told me that the bass was not correct.
Im new at composition and new to guitar playing. So, what are your opinions about this "song" ? Or suggestions to improve composition skills?

Thanks
Attachments:
Primera.gp5
Well all that's wrong is that the bass isn't in the same scale or key as the rest of the song. It sounds like the notes clash as a result. I'm not sure what exact scale it's written to (maybe F Major for the first 12 bars?) but it's definitely in the key of F.

I've made a few changes to your tab and put them below. Bear in mind they're only what sounds "right" to me, the changes i've made might not sound good to you and that's fine (it's your song after all!); you don't have to keep them they're just suggestions.
Attachments:
Primera edit.gp5
Lifes all good till you're dead
Quote by Scythuz
Well all that's wrong is that the bass isn't in the same scale or key as the rest of the song. It sounds like the notes clash as a result. I'm not sure what exact scale it's written to (maybe F Major for the first 12 bars?) but it's definitely in the key of F.

I've made a few changes to your tab and put them below. Bear in mind they're only what sounds "right" to me, the changes i've made might not sound good to you and that's fine (it's your song after all!); you don't have to keep them they're just suggestions.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Actually im not sure its F major, i mean, F major doesnt have a B7m5. I mean, all the chords (except for E major) are from C major, but the song starts in F. It could be F lydian? I mean, the bass played a B when the C major chord is done but afaik when you play lydian you got to emphazise that #4 (B).

Well Im not sure about this.
I think the wrong note they are trying to tell you is the B at bar 3, I think you're trying to imply an C9,since you ommited the B in the chord for the guitar, but frankly that ussually sounds odd. The bass guitar should usually play a "stronger" note from the chord, like for example the rood, or maybe the 5th (C/G). If you instead play that B with the bass it kind of makes your brain think that B is the root, and your brain will be like "DOES NOT COMPUTE, THIS JUST SOUNDS WRONG" commonly refered to as disonance.

Something else that they might see as wrong is that while the guitar is going for a triplet thing, the bass guitar has that one 8th in the 3th measure before it plays the B, that note might not come on the time people expect is since they might expect the bass to be a triplet.

Also 3/4, 3/4, 2/4 is a bit of a complicated way to notate a 4/4 piece :P

I attached a version where I changed all these things I said, BUT this is all a matter of taste, as stated before it's your song and there is no right or wrong and music.
Attachments:
Primera.gp5
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Quote by pinguinpanic
I think the wrong note they are trying to tell you is the B at bar 3, I think you're trying to imply an C9,since you ommited the B in the chord for the guitar, but frankly that ussually sounds odd. The bass guitar should usually play a "stronger" note from the chord, like for example the rood, or maybe the 5th (C/G). If you instead play that B with the bass it kind of makes your brain think that B is the root, and your brain will be like "DOES NOT COMPUTE, THIS JUST SOUNDS WRONG" commonly refered to as disonance.

Something else that they might see as wrong is that while the guitar is going for a triplet thing, the bass guitar has that one 8th in the 3th measure before it plays the B, that note might not come on the time people expect is since they might expect the bass to be a triplet.

Also 3/4, 3/4, 2/4 is a bit of a complicated way to notate a 4/4 piece :P

I attached a version where I changed all these things I said, BUT this is all a matter of taste, as stated before it's your song and there is no right or wrong and music.

Hey that was of great help, also I did all that 3/4,2/4 stuff because I dont know too much about theory. The bass part also sounds nice.

Btw, some suggestions? and whats the key in this song? C major or F major? Can I make it sound F lydian if I emphazise that #4?

And the chords progression, does it lack in something? is there anything to improve?

Thanks
Last edited by WhenStarsDie at Oct 27, 2011,