Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know if there are any hot pink guitars currently being made that aren't cheap hello kitty guitars? I know esp did a special finish a few years back, but I haven't really seen anything since... Not even a pin stripe?

Honestly, the only pink I'd ever buy.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Quote by thfc1799
I love both... I have a strat already though... what's the esp?

Alexi Laiho model.

The pink ones were a limited run, so try ebay.
Epiphone Twisted Sister Les Paul it's @$500.

Dean makes a Cheap $200 pink supertrat.

Daisy Rock makes alot of Pink gutars $300+

DiPinto makes them $600ish

Italia guitars $400ish
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
**** you angus.

I was googling for that picture.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you are patient and careful it is easy to repaint a guitar provided there is no binding to deal with.
I love the Jackson and the Alexi Laiho... wonder if I can find one close... hmmm....
Quote by Darkdevil725
If you are patient and careful it is easy to repaint a guitar provided there is no binding to deal with.

I am so freaking useless at taking my time with things like that... I'm so ADD it's not even funny.
Quote by coolstoryangus

Thats red bro.
The posters look pink, but the color is Road Flare Red
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
No...

thats hot pink.

road flare red is this:

Its subtle but there is a difference.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Pretty sure Charvel and Gary Kramer both do bright pink guitars from time to time.
Quote by thfc1799
I am so freaking useless at taking my time with things like that... I'm so ADD it's not even funny.

Hot pink marker then? lol
Quote by coolstoryangus

holy crap that's so awesome it's unbelievable

I always thought I preferred RGs without the scratchplate (most superstrats, really), but I'm definitely coming round to the scratchplate thing too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
they're so rad.
Stock rg550s need a pickup upgrade to REALLY shine though as you know. Some BKPS in there!
yeah, definitely. the v7s/8s are mediocre at best.

i'm guessing that one has older pickups, though. IIRC the v7s/8s i had had allen-bolt adjustable polepieces, and that one just has the bog-standard screw type.

honestly, there are a couple of things ibanez should do which'd make them absolutely awesome.

- bring back the original edge and lo-pro for MIJ prestige instruments. Even as an option if they want to keep the edge zero.

- maple fretboards as an option on more or less all models

- more 80s-inspired/based-on models (like that awesome pink one). None of this "15 marginally different shades of black" guff. I'm not saying black shouldn't be one colour option, but not when all the options are black!

- bring back the rga121 (and make sure it's MIJ Prestige).

That's about it. Most ibanez fans would go crazy if that happened.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 27, 2011,
that top one's more magenta, i think
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, definitely. the v7s/8s are mediocre at best.

i'm guessing that one has older pickups, though. IIRC the v7s/8s i had had allen-bolt adjustable polepieces, and that one just has the bog-standard screw type.

honestly, there are a couple of things ibanez should do which'd make them absolutely awesome.

- bring back the original edge and lo-pro for MIJ prestige instruments. Even as an option if they want to keep the edge zero.

- more 80s-inspired/based-on models (like that awesome pink one). None of this "15 marginally different shades of black" guff. I'm not saying black shouldn't be one colour option, but not when all the options are black!

- bring back the rga121 (and make sure it's MIJ Prestige).

That's about it. Most ibanez fans would go crazy if that happened.

Yeah
I prefer older style ibanez because the volutes confuse. I'm FINE with them on other guitars but i dont expect it on an ibanez so i dont tend to buy newer mij ibanez. I know its good for the structure etc but i cant get used to it..
i've never really noticed the volute (but if it annoys you, that's fair enough)

And yeah... it's just kinda annoying how they keep trying to reinvent the wheel, when they had so much right from the get go. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Plus they're trying to be so smart in a kinda smart-alecky way that they end up with egg on their faces a lot of the time- like the time with the edge pro, which was done to avoid the floyd rose patent, except they forgot the low profile ones were still under patent.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've never really noticed the volute (but if it annoys you, that's fair enough)

And yeah... it's just kinda annoying how they keep trying to reinvent the wheel, when they had so much right from the get go. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Plus they're trying to be so smart in a kinda smart-alecky way that they end up with egg on their faces a lot of the time- like the time with the edge pro, which was done to avoid the floyd rose patent, except they forgot the low profile ones were still under patent.

Just me being nitpicky really.. plus used non prestige mij ibanez are cheaper.. Not that i need any more or anything.. haha
Quote by Dave_Mc
holy crap that's so awesome it's unbelievable

I always thought I preferred RGs without the scratchplate (most superstrats, really), but I'm definitely coming round to the scratchplate thing too.

BELIEVE IT.

Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^ ahahah awesome

Quote by coolstoryangus
Just me being nitpicky really.. plus used non prestige mij ibanez are cheaper.. Not that i need any more or anything.. haha

haha

I think i've just given myself GAS for a pink superstrat with black scratchplate
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ahahah awesome

haha

I think i've just given myself GAS for a pink superstrat with black scratchplate

Feel my pain.

RR5FR in pink.

Quote by DaveMC

Not just Ibby, that needs to be an option on absolutely every guitar ever. I love maple!
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat

RR5FR in pink.

Not just Ibby, that needs to be an option on absolutely every guitar ever. I love maple!

Well... this is my next guitar, however I'm having trouble finding it... Guitar center sells it, but it comes with gold hardware and a silver/white pick guard?!? Anyone know where I can get this exact guitar?
I'll just leave this here...

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I would definitely play the pink paisley strat, the two pink Jackson RRs and the pink RG, and this one;
Quote by xFilth
Quote by thfc1799
Well... this is my next guitar, however I'm having trouble finding it... Guitar center sells it, but it comes with gold hardware and a silver/white pick guard?!? Anyone know where I can get this exact guitar?

It might be a bit tricky, I think it's just been discontinued. I'm not sure though. As much as I love Jackson, they have a very annoying habit of not actually announcing when they discontinue stuff. It just disappears of their website, then it's gone...
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
It might be a bit tricky, I think it's just been discontinued. I'm not sure though. As much as I love Jackson, they have a very annoying habit of not actually announcing when they discontinue stuff. It just disappears of their website, then it's gone...

Very frustrating... Can't believe how difficult it is to find a decent pink guitar... and who the heck would put gold hardware on that Jackson..
Page 1 of 2