So I have been slowly saving up to buy my first multi effect pedal. However I had one question before purchasing. I live in france (but will move in a few years) and can pick up the european model of the digitech for 200 euros however i can get the american model for 200 bucks (about 60 euros cheaper). I have a transformer to change the wattage but i just want to verify that it will work before i go out and buy it

an anybody help me?
You have to change the transformer to change the "voltage". Should work fine with the correct transformer.
Try to look at a different multi effect. I got my rp355 about 3 weeks ago and I've got to tell you that it is a piece of shit. I'm gonna try and sell as soon as I can. The distortions on it are weak, sounds very digital and you cannot change the order of the effects in the signal flow which to me was a real bummer. So my advice is get something else dude.
I've owned several multi effect pedals over the years, and I've been fiddling around with this one since the day I got it. Still can't get the tone I'm looking for. The clean tones are pretty nice and so is the reverb, but high gain shred like tone just sounds bad IMO.
Quote by treblewizard
I've owned several multi effect pedals over the years, and I've been fiddling around with this one since the day I got it. Still can't get the tone I'm looking for. The clean tones are pretty nice and so is the reverb, but high gain shred like tone just sounds bad IMO.

It took me six months to get a good tone from it.
See my soundcloud, all but one are RP into Reaper.