Recently, I've been having some fun twisting the knobs on my pedals to create weird noises. Is that any way damaging to my pedals or amp?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
If they damaged the amp or the pedals, they wouldn't have made them with the knobs would they.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
If they damaged the amp or the pedals, they wouldn't have made them with the knobs would they.

Pretty much this. Nothing wrong with twisting knobs and making trippy noises.
Haha, okay. I don't know, cos crossing the signals like hell made me think so. Thanks for the comment.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
The only way I could see damaging a speaker is with some low bass sweeps. I do trippy crap all the time with my dl4...But I have a twin reverb and it just laughs.
if you crank the regen on some delay pedals at half past midnight on the 3rd day after a moon crest you can sometimes pretend you have a womb.

happened to me once

v...that is the delay I have
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 28, 2011,
I'm always terrified that my Carbon Copy will make my amp explode. Hasn't happened yet.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Lord I hope not, that'd take all the fun out of all my pedals. I have like about 25 pedals so far, and I've tried most possible combinations in the past year. Your amp and pedals will be fine.