Hi,
I've been looking into getting some new pickups for my Ibanez RG1570 - specifically the DiMarzio Crunch Lab DP228F and Liquifire (I've heard a few demos and think they sound really nice). I was just wondering if these will fit in the guitar without having to remove any wood? I saw somewhere that certain pickups are too tall for the RG1570 (but it did say 2008 model in brackets, I think mine's from 2005). Anyone know anything about this or have experience with this particular combination?
Cheers
I would be very surprised if the DiMarzios weren't a perfect replacement for stock Ibanez pickups.

In other words it should be fine.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
They will be fine, great combo for RGs, though if your going for a JP sound, check out the Dimarzio Steve Special pickup too.

Also remember to get F spaced pups, sounds silly but its easy to forget.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
They will be fine, great combo for RGs, though if your going for a JP sound, check out the Dimarzio Steve Special pickup too.

Also remember to get F spaced pups, sounds silly but its easy to forget.

Doesn't sound that silly to point out - I'm an absolute pickup replacement noob But yeah I did know to get F-spaced.

Interesting - how does that one compare to the crunch lab? To me the crunch lab sounded like a well rounded, accurate and articulate pickup (I'm not very good at describing these things :P).

Also, any thoughts on how they'll compare with stock?
I really like the crunchlab and liquifire set.
So that'd be a good choice IMO.
It'll be an amazing improvement over stock.
I've got an RG520QS and i replaced the v8/v7 in that with that setup and it makes a huge difference so much fatter. Not tried it in basswood yet but in my mahogany rg it kills anyway.
I dont think you'll have any problem getting them to fit either tbh since most ibanez pickups are dimarzio shaped to begin with.
Contemplating between another CL/LF setup or BKPs when i get around to upgrading my 7s pups.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Oct 27, 2011,
Periphery used Crunch Lab/Liquifires until they got fancy and switched to BKPs and such, they're wonderful pick-ups unless you want to invest in the boutique-level stuff.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
yeah just depends on what guitar they use.

Misha is a gear *****.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb