Page 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xetDFcbmpow

so i just watched this, theres three parts to it. But holy shite.

Just when you thought death row prisons were pretty hardcore in the states, they're put to ridicule by these guys. I mean this is a legit prison, not some north korean death camp which honestly, just is no way seen as a prison, it's just a straight up death camp, completely different thing. But these guy literally spend all their time walking around their room, not sitting in anything, they cant even use their beds. One hour exercise consists of pacing back and forth in a 12 by 12 room. These guys have to almost behave like soldiers when they're around guards. And if they get out of line they get beat within inches of their lives. I've seen videos like that before.

This, my friends is some pretty hardcore stuff. Needless to say, if you're ever in Russia, don't **** up.
This one on first look seems like it's going to go down the same way the Gaddafi one did.

Prove me wrong Pit.

edit: bout 3 mins through, doesn't look like it.

edit2: after 3 mins is when it gets hxc.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Oct 27, 2011,
5 murders per inmate. 3,500 murders altogether from these people. Nice.

Can't really say that looks that terrible. Sure it's not nice. But these are murderers and I don't know if deserve that much more. These are people who are sitting in there till they die anyway as far as I understood?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 27, 2011,
Yeah, Russia's pretty tough.

There are a few MORE hardcore than these prisons shown in Russia though. I don't remember the names or where they were, but we studied them in our history class.

The prisons I'm talking about are really inhumane. Social interactions in there are completely absent. Guards are not allowed to EVEN TALK, and they are trained to move silently across the prison so that the convicts can't hear anything. All cells are private, and they are never allowed to go out, slowly going mad.
Norway has prisons that look like this:

Also, one of the lowest rates of crime and recidivism in the world. Focusing on rehabilitation FTW! Sure, you don't get the joy of vengeance, but you do get less crime.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1986002,00.html
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Norway is literally the opposite side of the coin, if what I've just looked at is right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiZUvDMdnik&feature=related

It looks nicer than my university hall's accommodation, and seems to have a small recording studio.

Stupid Norway is stupid.

I don't think I could survive longer than a week in that Russian prison, I would just go insane.
Quote by Zeletros
Yeah, Russia's pretty tough.

There are a few MORE hardcore than these prisons shown in Russia though. I don't remember the names or where they were, but we studied them in our history class.

The prisons I'm talking about are really inhumane. Social interactions in there are completely absent. Guards are not allowed to EVEN TALK, and they are trained to move silently across the prison so that the convicts can't hear anything. All cells are private, and they are never allowed to go out, slowly going mad.

That's insane. I know they do that here alot when a prisoner gets out of hand and has to be taken care of, they use sign language and when they're around him. But to not talk at all ever, that just adds to the cruelty lol. These guys don't ever see outside of their cell because they're always blindfolded, imagine if they even plug their ears, which wouldn't surprise if they did. You're basically reduced to simply a living organism in some random cell.
Quote by metalblaster
That's insane. I know they do that here alot when a prisoner gets out of hand and has to be taken care of, they use sign language and when they're around him. But to not talk at all ever, that just adds to the cruelty lol. These guys don't ever see outside of their cell because they're always blindfolded, imagine if they even plug their ears, which wouldn't surprise if they did. You're basically reduced to simply a living organism in some random cell.

That's the point of those prisons I'm talking about. They are meant to reduce the person to nothing, psychologically. The prison I am talking about, was actually not meant for murderers and maniacs, it was for political enemies as I remember.
I think prison should be all about rehabilitation. Treating prisoners like monsters will only make them hate the outside world even more.
Thanks for giving me something to watch.

Holy shit I love Denis. What a badass.
Last edited by severed-metal at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by The_Casinator
I think prison should be all about rehabilitation. Treating prisoners like monsters will only make them hate the outside world even more.

True but I dont think you can really rehabilitate people who have killed on average 5 or more people in cold blood.

Some people need to be kept away from society.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
True but I dont think you can really rehabilitate people who have killed on average 5 or more people in cold blood.

Some people need to be kept away from society.

Actually, to validate your point a bit, most people who have killed 5 people or more are usually in there for life anyways.
Quote by severed-metal
Actually, to validate your point a bit, most people who have killed 5 people or more are usually in there for life anyways.

Well yeah, you would hope so

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That man really never thought to ask, "thanks bro, I appreciate it, but before I feed this to my family, where the hell did you get kangaroo meat?"
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Anchr
In Soviet Russia, prison gives YOU hard time

You don't understand the joke do you?
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/05/11/article-1277158-0985D624000005DC-56_634x423.jpg

Also, one of the lowest rates of crime and recidivism in the world. Focusing on rehabilitation FTW! Sure, you don't get the joy of vengeance, but you do get less crime.

f
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
YOu guys should see some of Russias Detox center for heroin addicts. They handcuff you to a steel bed with a bunch of other addicts and unless you have aids or hepatitis......your not going anywhere
Well, shit. That black dolphin prison was...something else. I'd rather kill myself than to be held in a prison like that, holy shit.
pinga
That was pretty interesting to watch. The guards were all so scary, certainly wouldn't want to go to prison there.
I can't watch the video (stupid school computers), but look up the Black Dolphin prison in Russia. Shit is freaking brutal.

Also,

In Soviet Russia, soap drops you!!!
POST RAWK
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Shit, that's nicer than my dorm room was
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by daytripper75

It's prison. I didn't realize it was supposed to be nice.

Prisoners should be pampered.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

I'd say for the most part, the low crime rate precedes prison conditions. Norway is in a better economic position than Russia.
Treating the disease instead of the symptoms FTW.
Quote by psyks
I'd say for the most part, the low crime rate precedes prison conditions. Norway is in a better economic position than Russia.
Treating the disease instead of the symptoms FTW.

Norway is has lower crime rates than countries who are in a better economic position (at least in terms of GDP and other such raw measures)
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Norway is has lower crime rates than countries who are in a better economic position (at least in terms of GDP and other such raw measures)
How much of that difference do you think you can pin on the justice system?
lock the likes of murderers peados and rapists up and throw away the key in my opinion
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by psyks
How much of that difference do you think you can pin on the justice system?

Probably not all of it, but a not insignificant amount. Quite a lot of it can probably be pinned on the equality of income there.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Think Russia's bad? What about Peruvian prisons?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Probably not all of it, but a not insignificant amount. Quite a lot of it can probably be pinned on the equality of income there.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at.

Also, two things. Whenever I see your avatar and user title, I'm forced to imagine Noam Chomsky with an erection.

Second thing, just finished watching that documentary and it was pretty shit. I understand it may be difficult to film in a russian prison, but "There have been reports of misconduct and abuse of prisoners, but the three prisoners the administration let us talk to in the presence of 6ft guard dogs and men with AK-47s didn't complain to us about abuse" doesn't really cut it. No shit they didn't complain about abuse. They chose to expose the guys who openly confessed to their crimes and editorialised the footage. Really, the 'dun-dun' when they zoom in on the cannibal?
Quote by Primus2112
fuck it, i'm moving to norway

Why? So you can freely break the law without too many bad consequences?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Page 1 of 2