Alright, so I'm really tired right now and can't figure out how to ask this question...

I was talking to my girlfriend, made a crappy joke and she said "I know love you 100% more than I did before, which makes it 10482999272990100000000100%"

Now, what she did there was just add 100% on the end...that's not right, is it?
Wouldn't that entire number be increased by 100%?

Sorry for the vagueness, but it's late and I'm reading into an offhanded comment more than I should

EDIT:

For example, if I increased 300% by 100%, wouldn't that make it 600%? Or 400%?
Last edited by tyler_j at Oct 27, 2011,
100% of X + X = 2X
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
It would double, that's all.

Your girl must've failed 4th grade.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
It would double, that's all.

Your girl must've failed 4th grade.

Double, that's the world I was looking for, and yeah, that's what I thought.

Haha, she just said it really quickly, and honestly, she said it about 4 hours ago, but it just struck me as odd while I remembered it.
If you start calling out your girlfriend on mathematical mistakes she's not going to be your girlfriend for long.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
If you start calling out your girlfriend on mathematical mistakes she's not going to be your girlfriend for long.

This, though I believe it's pretty clear that it's not something serious.

Yes, the number would be doubled.
Professional lurker since 2009.
She loved you 524,149,963,649,505% before. Good job, you're doing something right.
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
Last edited by greekboy slim at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by tyler_j
Alright, so I'm really tired right now and can't figure out how to ask this question...

I was talking to my girlfriend, made a crappy joke and she said "I know love you 100% more than I did before, which makes it 10482999272990100000000100%"

Now, what she did there was just add 100% on the end...that's not right, is it?
Wouldn't that entire number be increased by 100%?

Sorry for the vagueness, but it's late and I'm reading into an offhanded comment more than I should

EDIT:

For example, if I increased 300% by 100%, wouldn't that make it 600%? Or 400%?

I can't tell if this should be in the relationship thread or the maths thread.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.

We haven't considered the case where his girlfriend initially loves him 0%, thus making her claim that she loved him 100% more than she did qualitatively valid for her and quantitatively appealing to poor TS, though he still gets no love.

Beware of girls. Beware of English!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
10482999272990100000000100%? 10482999272990100000000100% of what?

This means nothing. She's clearly seeing someone else.
You would need an original quantitative number for the percentages to the based on. If you increase something by 100% it doubles, but if you increase something by 200% it triples.

But, if you increase it by 100%, then again by 100% after compounding, it has quadrupled in total value.

If she compounded that massive percentile first, then loved you 100% more, you would have double that percentage that was stated.

If not compounded, you would just tack on an extra 100% at the end, which is extremely marginal on the grand scheme of the number.