Hey guys I want to find out whats the difference between Edge Pro and Edge Zero tremolo. I am also wondering why do the have models like Edge Zero II... is it that they have specific advantages? Im looking for a tremolo bridge that can support a perfect tuning with the use of dive bombs but im kind on a low budget here. Any related advice/explanation would be welcome. Thank you in advance!
The main difference is the Zero Point System (ZPS), which is part of the Edge Zero trem.

Using an extra set of springs and a stop bar, the ZPS basically creates two opposing forces that push the trem to the exact 'zero point' (i.e. where you want the trem to be: the middle).

The Edge Pro is more in keeping with Floyd designs - All the basics are there and it looks fairly normal but it has one design quirk in that it allows the user to put the ball-ends of the string into the trem itself, without having to cut them off or thread them through the machine heads instead.

So basically, both are trems with an extra gimmic of some sort - and in my opinion, that's all they are. Cutting ball ends off is no big deal, in fact i quite having a load of multicoloured pieces of metal attached to my machine heads. I have a guitar with the Edge Zero II, and to me the ZPS didn't help much at all, mainly because the materials themselves were cheap. However the Edge Zero is apparently of higher quality and therefore will be better than the one I've got, though I can't say by how much.

The general consensus from those who've tried and used these trems is that they are both good quality Ibanez trems - no weaker-than-a-tin-can-Edge-III trems here.

Plus if you want a 'normal' trem, the ZPS can be easily removed from the Edge Zero, so if you want to go the tried-and-tested route, that might be a good choice.

I don't know about any logistics you may/may not have, but I'll give standard advice too and say just go try them out! Make sure the trems have been set up properly, and use them as you normally would. If they go out of tune, don't make excuses to yourself about the quality/usability, as if you do that and then go and buy it, it won't be long before you're making excuses to everyone else too. Good luck!
II or III after the model name with ibanez trem generally signifies a cheaper, crappier version- avoid them.

the edge pro was made by gotoh, and as gr!t says, is fairly consistent with floyd rose design, just with a few tweaks.

i don't think the edge zero is made by gotoh any more. I haven't tried it and don't know how good it is... i would say that the edge/lo-pro edge and edge pro are tried and tested, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
II or III after the model name with ibanez trem generally signifies a cheaper, crappier version- avoid them.

the edge pro was made by gotoh, and as gr!t says, is fairly consistent with floyd rose design, just with a few tweaks.

i don't think the edge zero is made by gotoh any more. I haven't tried it and don't know how good it is... i would say that the edge/lo-pro edge and edge pro are tried and tested, though.

I know the Edge Zero II isn't made by Gotoh for sure, just like the Lo-TRS II isn't made by Takeuchi, but I always thought the original Edge Zero was.

If it comes down to Edge Pro vs Edge Zero II, the Edge Pro will win. If the original Edge Zero is made by Gotoh, then it wins by superior design(because of the intonation tool it comes with and ZPS).
^

thanks for the links, I'm familiar with ibanez rules but never thought to actually look up info there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?