I want to get a new amp and I think ive found what im looking for, but i want to make sure that im getting a good deal. Ive found a VOX AC30 cc2x(with celestion blue speakers) for sale locally and I love the AC30 tone so I just want to know whether these amps are worth the money and what to look for when im testing it out(condition of parts etc.).
heres the link.
Vox AC30
Thanks.
i know that in the u.s. they go for about 900 american new..... that seems like a pretty steep price for a used product.
Thats not exactly a good deal.........at all...
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
This is the classic brit rock amp, Rory Gallagher used one in his early Taste days, which influenced Brian May, who still uses them to this day. Although they're now made in China, its seems the quality is still good. the price doesn't seem excessive, here's a link to a review early in the video the advertised price is £1099, so maybe 900euro isn't so bad.
http://www.mediafileshare.com/video/4296
My AC30 Head was $900 new.
Celestion Blue speakers are around $300 each.
That's USA prices.

$800 for $600 worth of speakers plus an amp?
I'd say that's not a bad deal.

I dunno what 800 Euros or whatever is worth on american $$ though.
Quote by CodeMonk
My AC30 Head was $900 new.
Celestion Blue speakers are around $300 each.
That's USA prices.

$800 for $600 worth of speakers plus an amp?
I'd say that's not a bad deal.

I dunno what 800 Euros or whatever is worth on american $$ though.

Copied and pasted...
800 euros = 1136.8000 US dollars
It's 1136 USD if anyone is interested.

Sorry when I was typing I didn't see the post above as my page hadn't refreshed...
Last edited by ibanart300 at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by Sputnik1
Copied and pasted...
800 euros = 1136.8000 US dollars

Ok.
In that case, its not such a great deal.
Its not horrible, but I myself would pass.
With those speakers though, I would maybe top out at $1000 US. MAYBE. If its just been retubed.
If its like %75 of new price for your area. And its it decent shape (no or few tolex tears etc.), it may be worth a look.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 27, 2011,
$1,136 for a used AC30CC2 even with the Celestion speakers is not a good deal.
- brand spanking new you could have gotten those amps at $1,200
- that amp is already yesterday's news. AC30s have moved on to something called an AC30C2 and you can get a brand spanking new one of those with Celestion speakers for $1,300.

The CC2 AC30 is a great amp. Just because it is last year's model does not mean it is not better than this year's model. It IS better than the current AC30C2. Much more is offered in the CC2 so if you are looking to buy a VOX AC30, I would suggest you get the CC2. All I am saying is that the price of $1,136 is too high for a used CC2. $900 would be my offer and that's assuming it is in perfect condition.