i just watched dig ! about bjm and loved it , any one suggest anything good ? im into all sorts of music to be honest the more drug influenced the better lol
This is Spinal Tap
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by barnesybaby
This is Spinal Tap
Any guitarist (or fan of rock music) who has not seen this movie needs to.

OP: It might get loud (with jimmy page, the edge, and jack white)
Pearl Jam: Twenty
Some kind of monster

I know there are more I've seen but I cant remember there names
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
funky monks is absoltuely brilliant imo
while its not a documentarl control is quite good (about joy division). a really good film even if youre not a fan
Another State Of Mind - Follows a Punk Rock tour in the early eighties

American Hard Core - Discusses the roots of American Hard Core Punk. Great film featuring lots of interview clips with members of legendary punk bands like Bad Brains, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, and many more.

Hard Core Logo - Mockumentary in which the fictional band Hard Core Logo tries to get in one last tour before calling it quits. Stars Hugh Dillon of The Headstones as Billy Talent. Yeah, that's where the Band's name came from.

The Decline of Western Civilization part II - The Metal Years

Led Zepplin, The Song Remains The Same

Woodstock! You said the more drugged out the better didn't you?

There're tons more I'm sure.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
There's a sweet BBC documentary about Krautrock up on YouTube.
Damo Suzuki says he smoked too much & can't really remember much from CAN.

This is an excellent documentary.

Tom Dowd was a producer for more than fifty years and has worked with everybody. He was also a physicist involved with the Manhattan Project. He innovated recording techniques. He is the brain behind many songs that you know and love.

Watch this documentary.

Do it.

Watch this fuckin' thing.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
id hardly call this is spinal tap a documentary haha , it is a brilliant film though alot of brilliant subtle humour

loads of good suggestions , im shamelessly ruining the media industry with a downloading rampage

i cant beleive ive been calling myself a radiohead fan i didnt even know they had a film out , im disgusted in my self , gona have to give that tom dowd one a go aswell seeing as your so persuasive lol
Just watched Back and Forth, about the rise of the Foo Fighters. Really good stuff.
Foo Fighters: Back and Forth
Some Kind of Monster
If you're traveling in the North Country Fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to the one who lives there
For she once was a true love of mine
Foo Fighters: Back and Forth
Pearl Jam Twenty
There are some decent 'Classic Albums' episodes.
RAW POWER
"The Devil and Daniel Johnston" It's a fantastic film, with great music, about a great musician you most likely have never heard of.
It would be interesting to hear what someone unfamiliar with Dan's music would think of it.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
*Tom Dowd and the Language of Music*

Backed. This is awesome. I saw it on IFC one night at 12 am. Watched it several times since.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Quote by zach in black
"The Devil and Daniel Johnston" It's a fantastic film, with great music, about a great musician you most likely have never heard of.
It would be interesting to hear what someone unfamiliar with Dan's music would think of it.

everybody should watch this. Dan's music is seriously so great.
Quote by Jearl
everybody should watch this. Dan's music is seriously so great.

Yes! And it's really nice to know that now he's all healthy and happy. Well, maybe not that healthy, when I was with him he probably had at least 10 sodas, but other than that he's doing great. He's supposed to be putting out a new record sometime soon and there is a biopic in the works. Dave Miller and Gabe Sunday are directing/producing it.
Quote by zach in black
Yes! And it's really nice to know that now he's all healthy and happy. Well, maybe not that healthy, when I was with him he probably had at least 10 sodas, but other than that he's doing great. He's supposed to be putting out a new record sometime soon and there is a biopic in the works. Dave Miller and Gabe Sunday are directing/producing it.

you met him? that's pretty awesome. a friend of mine from Brighton met him a few years back. must be a great experience.

I hadn't heard about the biopic, but that should be fantastic!
he's really one of those hopeful stories in music. also, I guess, a big reason I kept writing songs. you know, those "I can do that" moments. only to find that it isn't always as easy as it sounds.

on an unrelated note, I dig your soundcloud, man. can definitely hear some Dan in there.
Some Kind of Monster - Metallica
Dreaming in America - Lucero
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by BK202
Until The Light Takes Us.

It's a documentary about the Norwegian black metal scene and the minds of those who started it. Really interesting, and you can watch it on Youtube.

I second this.

Also, there was a PBS documentary (it should be around for free somewhere) called Merchants of Cool that, in part, explored the music industry. It was a very interesting watch, as I recall. Nothing earth shattering, but still great.