hey UG community, i was thinking about getting my third guitar sometime in the next 5 months and i was wondering what i should get. I have an ibanez grga32t and a strat copy. i prefer Playing in drop c but i want something that is easy to go back and forth(So no floyd roses). I'm up for suggestions and try to keep it under 500$ Thanks!
Do you think of upgrading your stable or just adding a new entry level guitar? There are A LOT of guitars to think about under 500 grant.
I think i just want another entry level guitar, and i like my ibanez grga32t alot, i like that arched body style. i also like thin necks, speed playing necks.
The reason i'm thinking of another entry level guitar is because my ibanez kicks ass for drop tunning and my strat copy is just ok with standerd and drop. I want another guitar i can keep mainly in standerd but if i have a buddy over i can drop it and we can both sound good.
Well, it seems you have a taste similar to mine. There was a time when I dreamed of GRGA32T, the white one, yet somehow later on I went on getting a PRS SE custom. Not sure what you're looking for. Maybe list some brands that you like.
Well, i like most ibanez's that i've played but most have a floyd rose or edge 3 and i don't want one for this guitar (makes tuning back and forth to much of a hassle) I would love a jackson dinky or king v but even used those are usually 500+ (i would prefer to spend no more than 400 actually but i have 500 in a bank account so i was just putting out my max limit) and with the jackson thing i have played a king v in drop c but never in standerd. I was thinking about an epiphone sg, they are pretty cheap i see most of them at like 120-250$. I like strat's and they are pretty good for what i want but i already have one so i think i'll rule that out.
I think you'd like to pay a visit to Cort's stable. Cort makes great guitars at reasonable prices. It's as good as your GRGA, but it sounds and plays in a different way, you might like the change. You could get a great guitar for as much as 400 grant. Good luck!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Agile AL-3100 is nice if you like the Les Paul look, from what I hear they are Gibson Quality with MIK Squire pricing, huge thread over on My Les Paul about them, very very nice guitars.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100csbf.html

Yep only $400
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
They're between Gibson and Epi's. But they weigh as much as boat anchors, so...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by santhus1114
Well, i like most ibanez's that i've played but most have a floyd rose or edge 3 and i don't want one for this guitar (makes tuning back and forth to much of a hassle) I would love a jackson dinky or king v but even used those are usually 500+ (i would prefer to spend no more than 400 actually but i have 500 in a bank account so i was just putting out my max limit) and with the jackson thing i have played a king v in drop c but never in standerd. I was thinking about an epiphone sg, they are pretty cheap i see most of them at like 120-250$. I like strat's and they are pretty good for what i want but i already have one so i think i'll rule that out.

Not sure about SG's. I played one at my friend's house, and didn't like it, I felt my cheap black Washburn X12Q was better. BUT that was a time when I didn't like SG's. Now I kind of dig them, yet I wouldn't buy an Epiphone. I'd go for the Gibson USA model. Probably the melody maker, for the lowest price, but it's still 800$ so I suppose that won't work(also it only has the volume knob and no switches - only one humbucker pickup). What I would suggest is a Jackson Kelly model. Those come with and without locking tuners/floyd rose. Also they are about 350$ if I'm correct and look fantastic. Check out RobarCover on youtube, he plays those. I think it's a great choice, I'd probably get it if I had the opportunity.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Only that they aren't.

Provide reasons please, if you make a comment like this and dont supply a reason it totally throws the credibility of your comment out the window, seriously...

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/142329-why-buy-agile.html

I recommend you read the post on the second page by dspelman in regards to his Agile and his Custom Shop Axcess Les Paul.

As a Gibson owner do you really think I would say that if I didnt mean it? For $400 lets see you do better and come as close to a real Les Paul, you cant even get lawsuit Tokai's for that cheap anymore.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
How are gibson's with drop tuning, and i like the rga it's very similar to the grga only thing i don't want edge and all rga's have em
Last edited by santhus1114 at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by santhus1114
How are gibson's with drop tuning, and i like the rga it's very similar to the grga only thing i don't want edge and all rga's have em

It's hardtail, look at the link.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
They're nice guitars, the RGA42 is also in your budget and looks a bit nicer.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I really wouldn't recommend another entry level guitar. You can do better than entry level for $500. (unless you live in Australia or somewhere with ridiculous prices)