tremolo tele
bridge/saddle

Okay so I want to buy a tele, then change the bridge so it has the three saddles like vintage and then add a tremolo, will these be compatible, assuming I take the bridge I want and then just put the tremolo behind, I found the set up on youtube, but I'm not sure that this was the exact setup...so any suggestions, thanks
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
It should work. I would probably buy a B5 without the conversion kit, then install the 3-saddle bridge. You'll probably have to cut some slots to let the strings pass through to the Bigsby, but it's definitely possible, and has been done before.
^That... You can get a quality Telecaster bridge like the Wilkinson that Guitarfetish sells which has both string-thru and topload string holes. That means that you can pass the strings through six holes in the back wall of the bridge plate. That's by far the cleanest looking B5 setup I've seen, and the Wilkinson bridge is a rather nice upgrade too.

edit: The non-Wilikinson Tele bridge they sell at Guitarfetish has those holes too, it seams. Should also be a quality part, seeing as how it's the simplest of all guitar bridges (except for that Dar Armstrong one) and therefore hard to screw up. It has grooved saddles, but isn't compensated like the Wilkinson.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Oct 27, 2011,
Wouldn't a roller bridge be semi-needed for tuning stability?
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Not necessarily. A well lubed bridge (especially a nice roundy round one like the vintage tele or the bigsby bridge) will work just fine. Rub some pencil lead where the strings go over your nut and where they go over the bridge. It will do WORLDS for your tuning. I can do behind the nut bends on my cheap yamaha with a plastic nut no problem after doing that. Do it to all your guitars!
Haha for sure! I graphite my nut every second time I change my strings! good tip
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I wouldn't try to pass the strings through string through holes, that'd be hell on tuning stability. Any place where you can have friction, you will have less tuning stability.

I've seen it placed in a way so the B5 sat far enough forward that the strings didn't touch the edges of the holes, but I guess you're right- that had to be due to some amazing stroke of luck with the exit off the rollers matching up with how the bridge is intonated and all.

It's easy to just cut some grooves into the back lip of the plate, though. You just need an angle grinder or a grinding wheel of any sort. But I personally like to keep the top line unbroken, so I'd drill the holes larger with a step drill bit so the strings wouldn't touch.
alright now that I know it can be done..what do you guys think it will do with the tone?? teles are pretty bright that is kinda why I want it, will it take away any of that?
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.