Is there such thing? if there isnt there should be, it is so annoying trying to play guitar with freezing hands, infact i cant do it, they just become stiff....
and normal gloves are to big so it wouldnt work
Irons
Quote by Basti95
10 condoms brah.

haha, should've known the pit would have something stupid to say!
Irons
I've worn a glove on my right hand before... Doesn't really work though haha
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by ethanwhufc
haha, should've known the pit would have something stupid to say!

Stupid questions get stupid answers.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by HowToFly

how is it stupid in any way?
when im playing gigs my hands are frezzing
Irons
Quote by HowToFly

Stupid answers to stupid questions gets another stupid reply.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I remember many moons ago there was a thread like this. Sadly, the Pit did what the Pit does best and gave 10 non-serious answer for every serious answer.
POST RAWK
Quote by ethanwhufc
haha, should've known Basti95 would have something stupid to say!

Fucking FIXED.
Quote by risk182
The best gloves are manning the **** up and warming up decently beforehand.

MTFU-WUDB? It that designer?

yeah cut all the fingertips off on your fretting hand and cut only your first and thumb tips for your picking hand, and leave the other three fingertips on.

i played with cheap cotton or wool gloves or whatever on (whole glove intact) and it felt kinda cool to play. not much feeling lost because the gloves were so cheap and thin, and they still kept my hands warm, and they even muffled some mistakes without muffling good notes. i stopped cuz it felt like cheating. lol
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by Panasonic3
yeah cut all the fingertips off on your fretting hand

Why the hell did I think you meant the actual hands, and instantly thought "Tony Iommi"?
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by ethanwhufc

Gloves for guitar
Is there such thing? if there isnt there should be, it is so annoying trying to play guitar with freezing hands, infact i cant do it, they just become stiff....
and normal gloves are to big so it wouldnt work

am I the only one imagining a guitar with arms?

but on a more serious note: this works best for me:

make sure they aren't to thick tho, mine are really thin but still I end up with a sweaty left hand after about 15 minutes

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Last edited by numinis at Oct 27, 2011,
Fingertipless gloves, I guess. Or how those are called?
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Good circulation will always keep you warmer than good gloves. That's not just stretching 5 minutes before you play, keep yourself physically fit and make sure you're always stretching out your hands and fingers. Warm up temperature wise for say...10 minutes, drink hot tea/coffee, do some shots of whiskey or jager or whatever, put your hands on a heater. Then do strenuous exercises on your guitar for 5/10 minutes.
Quote by numinis
am I the only one imagining a guitar with arms?

but on a more serious note: this works best for me:

make sure they aren't to thick tho, mine are really thin but still I end up with a sweaty left hand after about 15 minutes

this. also, half gloves.
Fingerless gloves typically do work. I busk (play in public for whatever money people throw at me), and there have been nights that have been freezing, in which I would've been screwed without gloves. I just found a relatively thick pair of gloves for $3, and then cut off the fingers completely; most fingerless gloves look like they still extend too far, so they'd probably be need to be cut down anyways.
Quote by herby190
Fingerless gloves typically do work. I busk (play in public for whatever money people throw at me), and there have been nights that have been freezing, in which I would've been screwed without gloves. I just found a relatively thick pair of gloves for $3, and then cut off the fingers completely; most fingerless gloves look like they still extend too far, so they'd probably be need to be cut down anyways.

yea im going to try that, fingerless gloves it is
Irons
Finger yourself before the gig. It'll get your pinky toasty in no time.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by ethanwhufc
how is it stupid in any way?
when im playing gigs my hands are frezzing

That's why you're supposed to warm up before gigging...
I always just stick my hands in the back of my amp for a few minutes, but I guess that would only really work with a valve amp with no back.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic