I am getting a bare bones tube amp. Good sound but no effects. I am looking into a entry level multi effects. My initial foray into effects was with a digitech rp50 , i paid 27$ for it. It was a fun little toy. But the effects to me sounded very cheap and synthetic. The menu system was easy to learn but still not a very smooth layout. I could stick that series and get a newer upgraded model number. But i am interested in alternatives.

Line 6 POD pocket pod comes to mind. Does this sound hands down better than the digitech?

Any other good multi effects processors that come to mind that are under 100$ ?
Under 100 youll get nothing, not even used
Stretch to 200. Ideally push for three hundred.

Good units for effects alone-
Line 6 M series, Pod XT/X3/HD
Digitech RPxx5/500/1000 (there a big improvement over the older ones. IMO only the newer HD series are better amp modelling wise)
Boss GT8/10 (great effects, shite amp modelling)

Not all of the above will come in the 200-300 range however.
I got a POD 2.0 off craigslist for $50 shipped to my door. Look around at different regions. The one I bought was a few states away.
Check out my first build
a line 6 POD pocket , are now 39.99$ used clearange on guitar center. It was originally a 149$ dollar item.

I playtested the line 6 spider IV which has all the effects and modeling. I thought it sounded pretty good. Thats why i brought up the POD. Most people seem happy with them. Anyone agree?

On the digitech R50 when paired with a decent amp , the effects clearly did not sound as natural and clean as the line 6 spider IV amp. I have not tested to POD but i assume it is the same processing that is in the spider.
Nope, not the seller. I used to have a GNX3 and now I have the GNX4. Lot of value for $100. It has an onboard 8 track recorder/jamman looper. The draw back is that the memory card is the old SmartMedia and only holds up to 128MB, but that's still a lot.
There's three or four POD units on my Craigslist for 70-100 bucks. An original, a 2.0, an XT w/ three model packs, and an XT live floorboard.

I think you could easily snag one used for cheap if you wanted.
absent one that is what i noticed to. They seem to really be cheap on the used market comparatively to their retail price. I probablly not gonna audition it first, at this price point i am just gonna buy it and if i do not like it i will trade later on.

I am putting out my feelers as to if the line 6 POD processors are the best bang for the buck, good sounding ME petals out there. It's seems from what i gather that they are.
Quote by changeling93305
a line 6 POD pocket , are now 39.99$ used clearange on guitar center. It was originally a 149$ dollar item.

I playtested the line 6 spider IV which has all the effects and modeling. I thought it sounded pretty good. Thats why i brought up the POD. Most people seem happy with them. Anyone agree?

On the digitech R50 when paired with a decent amp , the effects clearly did not sound as natural and clean as the line 6 spider IV amp. I have not tested to POD but i assume it is the same processing that is in the spider.

If you think the Spider is good, then your opinion is automatically rendered void. Ive never played anything as fizzy or as un responsive to playing as the Spider.
I doubt even Ola can make it sound good. And yes, the older RP series (with the green screens) are crap. The red ones however are easily one of the best sub 500 pedals around modelling wise.