I was wondering if the DBZ guitar company is related to dean guitars? Because their models look kinda the same and of course, the d in DBZ is dean so whats the story on them?
Dean B. Zelinsky created dean, didn't like where the company was going and yada yada, left and made DBZ guitars, the quality supposedly went with him.

That's about it.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Dean B. Zelinsky created dean, didn't like where the company was going and yada yada, left and made DBZ guitars, the quality supposedly went with him.

That's about it.

Pretty much this.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
I played what would be the equivalent of a Dean Soltero from DBZ, and I have to say that I was quite impressed. The headstock insignias are stunning to me.
a DBZ venom will be my next guitar. I am a die hard ESP player, but damn, those guitars rock!
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by chadreed32

That's about it.

yea i will adimit that dean guitars arnt too good... the amazing "graphics" they have on them are stickers...
Quote by Kamikaze1014
I agree with you for the most part, but I don't think Dean use stickers for their graphics.

well mine sure as hell peeled off when i was cleaning it one time unless thats the new futuristic interchangable paint
I just got a DBZ Cavallo about a month ago. Seems to be great quality for the price. I paid $700 CDN for mine, and the only possible problem I have with it is the DBZ pickups! Still, they are FAR better than passive EMGs.

Although I admit to some bias, DBZ has great quality control and you should be able to tell that a lot of care went into making these instruments.

Google their website and browse the forums if you want more info; I'm too lazy to post a link.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Quote by Kamikaze1014
I have no idea what your are talking about in terms of "graphics".

I'm thinking of the graphic design on the paintjob.

imconfused

yes the "paint" job with the designs and pictures
Quote by JimDawson
I just got a DBZ Cavallo about a month ago. Seems to be great quality for the price. I paid $700 CDN for mine, and the only possible problem I have with it is the DBZ pickups! Still, they are FAR better than passive EMGs.

Although I admit to some bias, DBZ has great quality control and you should be able to tell that a lot of care went into making these instruments.

Google their website and browse the forums if you want more info; I'm too lazy to post a link.

dean zalinski outdid himself when he ran away from dean. dbz guitars are amazingly better made, with much better quality control.
Quote by 00_hns_00
dean zalinski outdid himself when he ran away from dean. dbz guitars are amazingly better made, with much better quality control.

Arnt they usa made?
Quote by NewYngwie
Arnt they usa made?

The higher end models are American made, but I believe those are for custom order. Lower end are Korean. I also think that some of them are Chinese but can someone more knowledgeable confirm this for me?
SEARCH EFFING BAR.

Like no joke, every week there's a new thread about DBZ guitars. And the answer and question are always the same. No, they are not the same.

Most that are not made in the USA are made in China. Darkside Series is made in China, and the Premier series is made in China. As for the other models, I'm not particularly sure. I'm not even sure if there are other series besides Darkside, Premier and USA.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
SEARCH EFFING BAR.

Like no joke, every week there's a new thread about DBZ guitars. And the answer and question are always the same. No, they are not the same.

Most that are not made in the USA are made in China. Darkside Series is made in China, and the Premier series is made in China. As for the other models, I'm not particularly sure. I'm not even sure if there are other series besides Darkside, Premier and USA.

better than having a new thread every five minutes named "best first guitar" or "Best song for a beginner"
Quote by NewYngwie
Arnt they usa made?

the custom shop are, everything else is korean i believe... although i have a source saying some PARTS are from korea, but are assembled in japan.
don't know the validity.

however, prs se are made in korea land, and look how great those are. these are honestly top notch guitars. the kind of guitars that are obviously worth more than they are selling for.
Quote by NewYngwie
better than having a new thread every five minutes named "best first guitar" or "Best song for a beginner"

No, actually. This is worse, considering that guitar threads are personalized and answers usually pertain to a specific person.

This thread however, has been answer dozens of times.
Quote by 00_hns_00
the custom shop are, everything else is korean i believe... although i have a source saying some PARTS are from korea, but are assembled in japan.
don't know the validity.

however, prs se are made in korea land, and look how great those are. these are honestly top notch guitars. the kind of guitars that are obviously worth more than they are selling for.

Pretty cool, japan is pretty good at puting stuff together
Quote by NewYngwie
Arnt they usa made?

My Cavallo says "Made in China" on the headstock, not really sure about the hardware. It's a great instrument regardless. I have read forums and have seen people comment on the possibility of lower quality DBZs from China, but I seriously have no complaints. I wouldn't worry about where it was manufactured; maybe if you're ordering it online you should worry, but IMO buying a guitar online is a really bad idea.

I actually just finished writing a review on the DBZ Cavallo about half an hour ago. If my estimation is right, it should show up Monday if nobody had a problem with it. If anyone is interested, I think you will find it informative and relatively unbiased. I gave it an honest effort anyway...
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Last edited by JimDawson at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Kamikaze1014
I have no idea what your are talking about in terms of "graphics".

I'm thinking of the graphic design on the paintjob.

imconfused

I can't be convinced that the graphics they apply to the guitars are anything but a printed vinyl sheet or something similar. Definitely not paintjobs.
Quote by Pikka Bird
I can't be convinced that the graphics they apply to the guitars are anything but a printed vinyl sheet or something similar. Definitely not paintjobs.

thank you for summing it up, they are kind of like those inlay stickers some people put on their neck to make the inlays look better or cooler
Quote by NewYngwie
yes the "paint" job with the designs and pictures

AKA a phototop, which is actually a lot more common than most people think. Makes you wonder about what your really getting when you find a cheap flame or quilt maple top guitar doesn't it? haha
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
The initial launch of DBZ Guitars were made in China with alder instead of mahogany. If you have a red one, you'll notice that the head stock is also black in the Chinese model while red in the Korean model.

Due to quality control with properly applying the graphics, DBZ moved their operations to Korea. The people that already have a Chinese model shouldn't be disappointed since Dean would only allow the ones that passed his standard to make it out.

Also, in the last couple of years, Korea has single handily become the new Japan. Korean electronics and mobile devices from Samsung and LG are better than anything from Japan, and the quality of Hyundai surpasses anything from Japan with the exception of maybe Nissan.

Made in Korea is now cool, and it should be associated with quality.
DBZ Bird of Prey Sepulchre
Diamond Nitrox Head
Diamond Nitrox 4x12 Cabinet
Last edited by dspari1 at Mar 6, 2012,
Well it seems Dean Zelinsky is no longer associated with DBZ. Being sued by them could have somthing to do with it

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txsdce/4:2012cv00391/951496/

I expect a new guitar company from Dean to pop up in the next few years....Perhaps Zelinsky shouldnt put his name on the next one, kinda jinxes the whole thing!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Dean guitars were never ugly enough for Dean Zalinsky, so he left and founded DBZ so he could make even more fugly guitars.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by halikus
Well it seems Dean Zelinsky is no longer associated with DBZ. Being sued by them could have somthing to do with it

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txsdce/4:2012cv00391/951496/

I expect a new guitar company from Dean to pop up in the next few years....Perhaps Zelinsky shouldnt put his name on the next one, kinda jinxes the whole thing!

dang, i wonder why he got sued by his own company...

probably just money hogs trying to take shit from him.
The only thing I can find is that the other 2 founders are alleging he breached a fiduciary duty to them/DBZ. That means they think he knew something regarding their partnership- aka DBZ- that he failed to reveal, contra to his duties as a company executive.

Damn...I may have to accelerate my purchasing of one of their guitars... I REALLY want an Imperial or a Royale. Lawsuits like this have a way of screwing up cash-flow and production.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 7, 2012,
That's big news. With this company being so new, can the company itself survive a mess this big?
Diamond Nitrox Head
no it can't. they are probably barely in the black. and since it will be zelinski against company, zelinski can simply drag out court dates which = draining money from the jerks that sue him.
Quote by Ashe_Mc
no it can't. they are probably barely in the black. and since it will be zelinski against company, zelinski can simply drag out court dates which = draining money from the jerks that sue him.

Jeff Diamant from Diamond Amplification is also a respectful member of the industry. I think we should listen to his side before blindly calling him a jerk imo.
Diamond Nitrox Head
then why didn't you say we should hear from dean zelinski first?

face it, all people are concerned with nowadays in business is hording money. if jeff felt like he wasn't making enough profit NOW i would not be surprised if he would sue his own mother for more money.

just because someone makes a good product doesn't make them a good person.
All I'm saying is we should hear both side of the story before anyone gets called something. Dean makes great guitars and Jeff makes great amplifiers. Sucks that this partnership didn't work out.
Diamond Nitrox Head