hey ug,

I want to install a built in speaker into my guitar. i was wondering what i will need, where i can get it, and how much it would be. i want it to be under $50 usd. and i (of course) want a toggle switch to turn it on or off. also if possibe, could you make a diagram.

thank!!
What kind of guitar is it? That might be a good place to start.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
If you have absolutely no concern about tone, gfs makes a pot sized preamp you can wire into your guitar and run a speaker directly out of, or use headphones. Granted they really do sound pretty bad. Good luck.
*insert witty statement here*
just put together an lm386 amp and be done with it
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I've seen a line of no-brand kids/beginner guitars with this concept already, that cost around $50 on their own. Might as well save your decent guitar, and buy that instead.
Quote by Grif22
I've seen a line of no-brand kids/beginner guitars with this concept already, that cost around $50 on their own. Might as well save your decent guitar, and buy that instead.

ya or just take the $50 guitar apart and use it for parts. i thought of that.
i am thinking of doing this in an acoustic one, more space for speaker, in a electric guitar, you will have to cut away much of the wood, with acoustic it will be just making a large hole for the speaker and some smaller ones for the volume knobs etc, anyways good luck, wanting to see how this turns out
Pringles potato chips has a free powered speaker give away with 4 can tops. It is made for a MP3 player, but is battery-powered. it is made to go in the open end of the tube of chips, to give you a size refrence. Google it and see for your self.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Pringles potato chips has a free powered speaker give away with 4 can tops. It is made for a MP3 player, but is battery-powered. it is made to go in the open end of the tube of chips, to give you a size refrence. Google it and see for your self.

i bought 4 but didn't think it was worth sending the stuff in and waiting and i thought the quality wasnt good. so i didnt send it in did u??
Quote by JCGGUITARS
i bought 4 but didn't think it was worth sending the stuff in and waiting and i thought the quality wasnt good. so i didnt send it in did u??

No I did not, but it was an idea I thought I'd throw out for you.

Most guitars with a built in speaker I have heard are horrible.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
check out this new series of practice amp/speaker combos from ....
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Jan 4, 2014,