can anyone give me some advise on what the best way to start playing guitar ? maybe someone could recomend a good starter guitar to begin with ... electric of course
I advise you to pick up a book and learn some grammar junior.

How much are you looking to spend and what styles of music interest you?

Also this is in the wrong forum.
Learn a couple basic songs you like, maybe some Green Day or something like that. As for the guitar, look into some squire strats, which everyone and their mother starts playing guitar on.
Quote by dazdel
can anyone give me some advise on what the best way to start playing guitar ? maybe someone could recomend a good starter guitar to begin with ... electric of course

I have no doubt that you'll disregard this, but consider learning on an acoustic.
Quote by Kevin19
I have no doubt that you'll disregard this, but consider learning on an acoustic.

This, learn how to play acoustic first. It will help in the long run.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Get a BC Rich Warlock and a Line 6 Spider Amp, learn a few basics then learn either "Hammer Smashed Face" or "I Cum Blood" by Cannibal Corpse. Commence being in a band and getting laid.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Get a BC Rich Warlock and a Line 6 Spider Amp, learn a few basics then learn either "Hammer Smashed Face" or "I Cum Blood" by Cannibal Corpse. Commence being in a band and getting laid.

Don't you dare. BC Rich Warlocks suck.
Quote by Axelfox
Don't you dare. BC Rich Warlocks suck.

You need to buy one of these.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78

Marshall MGs have much more br00tal sounds.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Saint78
Get an acoustic guitar, learn a few basics then learn Wonderwall. Commence getting laid.

fixed
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Gorelord666

Obviously, but those are like $10,000, not for beginners. But I heard every once in a while you'll find one in a pawn shop for like $200.

EDIT: ^ That was the obvious sarcastic answer. I chose a different route.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Obviously, but those are like $10,000, not for beginners. But I heard every once in a while you'll find one in a pawn shop for like $200.

It's true. I found my MG in a local pawn shop. The sound is so clear and could go so distorted in seconds. Now I get laid. Thank you, Marshall MGs.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Saint78

Playing those songs on guitar = doing it wrong. Learn death growls first.
IT'S... IT'S! COMING! OUUUUUT!
Ladies?
Quote by Gorelord666
It's true. I found my MG in a local pawn shop. The sound is so clear and could go so distorted in seconds. Now I get laid. Thank you, Marshall MGs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nla3WCSbaSE
David Gilmour plays a Marshall MG. Now he's one of the greatest guitarists on the planet.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nla3WCSbaSE
David Gilmour plays a Marshall MG. Now he's one of the greatest guitarists on the planet.

Even the Beatles used MGs for their crisp cleans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666

Dude,you best be joking
Quote by Axelfox
Dude,you best be joking

I'm as serious as Seth Putnam's lyrics.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Axelfox
Dude,you best be joking

Seriously, where's your sarcasm detector tonight?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Saint78

Cowboys from Hell by Pantera and Stairway were played with an MG, if I remember correctly.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Cowboys from Hell by Pantera and Stairway were played with an MG, if I remember correctly.

I love Dime but his tone is not a good example.

But Smoke on the Water and every Black Sabbath song were on MG's.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
I love Dime but his tone is not a good example.

But Smoke on the Water and every Black Sabbath song were on MG's.

Wait, I remember now. Dime played with a Fender Twin. No wonder it sounded so weak.

Hendrix was a supporter of the MGs right?

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Wait, I remember now. Dime played with a Fender Twin. No wonder it sounded so weak.

Hendrix was a supporter of the MGs right?

Hendrix invented the MG when he was in Iron Maiden.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Hendrix invented the MG when he was in Iron Maiden.

They can't compete with Zeppelin. Kirk Hammet's solos are epic.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Give up now and play bass instead. You'll have a better chance of getting into a band.

(at the cost of getting into any woman's pants. teehee.)