I used to have ajackson dinky dkmgt with the passive emg pickups and a boost pot that you pulled to activate, does anyone know what this was and where I could maybe get hold of one? I found it to be really good for boosting the cleans as well as pushing the amp nice and hard and wouldn't mind maybe retro fitting one into my soloist.
I believe that is the EMG afterburner system. You can get them from EMG.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by 95thFallout
Sounds like a great idea i would care to know as well :P

Yeh to right, it really added a lot to the guitars use for me, you could set the gain quite low then use the pot to adjust it, cleans really popped out the amp, more in your face, very good piece of kit I found.

Cheers Stoneyman, I'll go and give emg a nudge and see what they say.

2 minutes of google, superb

http://www.emgpickups.com/products/category/142/4
Last edited by Twidler at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by Twidler
Yeh to right, it really added a lot to the guitars use for me, you could set the gain quite low then use the pot to adjust it, cleans really popped out the amp, more in your face, very good piece of kit I found.

Cheers Stoneyman, I'll go and give emg a nudge and see what they say.

2 minutes of google, superb

http://www.emgpickups.com/products/category/142/4

No problem. I have the Seymour Duncan version of that in one of my guitars. Basically the same thing but instead of a push/pull pot it has a kill switch and a pot for the gain. Those after burner systems are awesome!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Heck, I just took the Mid Boost circuit out of my Charvel and converted to all passive, mostly because I don't like the fear of my sound dying without notice.
But I know what you're talking about, it pushes cleans and adds more body to distortion, they make lots of off brand things like that, like GFS for instance.
Cusp of Magic
i installed the EMG afterburner in my DK2. the JB in the bridge has enough output on its own, but the afterburner really helps push the single coils.
Well that sucker's bookmarked and it's on the list along with the new valves, shouldn't be to long before I have one though.