**That is currently being made. I'm just window shopping at this point. Preferably I'd like: Under $700, >25.5" scale, hardtail bridge. The more guitars the better. I'd probably be playing more on the side of chug-chug, than shredding, and having above average cleans would be nice.

I know how much the RG7x2x's are praised as something better than gold, but they are a massive PITA for me to even try and find. No Agile either, as I am in Canada. Definitely not picky on brands, But I did like the thickness of an RG7321 neck, but felt it was a touch thin...

tl;dr: I'm looking for good 7's made by any brand, available in Canada and/or U.S.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I have a Schecter Damien Elite-7, and I love it. I would check it out, or the other Schecter 7-strings if you can.
I have a Septor Elite I'm trying to sell, it's 27" Hardtail with the 7 String Blackouts. I'm looking for 600 +shipping if you're interested
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Ibanez RGD7321.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I know the old school rg7621s and rg7421s are a PITA for you to go and try but they are the best bang for the buck and best quality you can get used.
The 7421/7621s are guitars that I have enough faith in to buy without trying. My friend's 7620 is the guitar that turned me into an Ibanez believer (I used to hate them but I had only tried the Korean/Indonesian ones).
If you like the 7321, you will like the 7X21's.

They are baically just a much better 7321 with a slightly rounder neck profile.

They are also consistent enough to know if you buy off a good seller, it will be a good guitar.

Or go for a 2nd hand Loomis.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You liked the 7321 neck's thickness, but at the same time it was too thing? Does not compute. Anyways, if it was too thin then I think you'll find the 7x21 necks aren't any thicker. However, they're still what I'd recommend. I've seen them go as low as 400 bucks, and they rarely go above 600.

edit: Case in point- this one. If you can convince him to ship to Canada then you've got a sweet deal here, especially with the upgraded pickups. That particular combo is all the rage these days. The paintjob can always be redone.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Oct 28, 2011,
If you thought the Ibanez neck was too thin look at the LTD MH-417. 25.5" scale, neck-through, mahogany body, compensated nut, hardtail, 81-7 and 707 pups, satin finish and the neck is very slightly thicker than the Ibanez necks, by about 1.2mm. Comes in at under $700 in America, I don't know Canadian prices though.
ESP are coming out with the LTD EC-407 soon too which is a les paul shape and set neck but otherwise just like the MH-417 and specced to be a little bit cheaper.
I for one hated the neck profile on every schecter 7 I played. Couldn't put my finger on WHAT exactly, but it felt wrong.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Its not that I can't find any RG7x21's, I found lots, its just that 99% of the owners are in the states and don't want to ship to Canada. Hell, I don't know if I even want to buy cross border, with fees and stuff. I also don't have a credit card (have to convince the parents to use theirs) so it's not a very fun time.

And if nobody read the tl;dr, I would also like to know what some good 7's currently being made are. And I didn't quite like the Loomis. I have a Schecter C-1, so I know how "thick the neck's are, but the neck seemed a little too hard to play for my smaller hands.

And about my RG7321 neck paradox, I like the neck, but it seemed like a very flat D shape. The bottom was very flat, and the shoulders seemed pretty small. I didn't play it for very long though.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Currently made? RG1527, any of the Agiles on Rondo (you should be able to find them used).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by megano28
I have a Septor Elite I'm trying to sell, it's 27" Hardtail with the 7 String Blackouts. I'm looking for 600 +shipping if you're interested

Ts, buy this guy's guitar.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
^that.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I'll +1 the LTD MH-417 suggestion.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I'll +1 the LTD MH-417 suggestion.

Also a solid choice.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Megano, would you ship to Canada?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive