Just got threw wiring a hot rails for strat into my 91 american strat.
Anyone have any experience with this one?
The bridge position seems darker, with the selector switch in the number 2 slot there is a big tone boost.

The thing that I did not expect was...normally in the bridge selector 1 position with high gain is where I would get the most feedback and noise...now it is the opposite and feedbacks in the number 2 position.

I was thinking of replacing the neck pickup but I may have to replace the other two with something that will blend better with the hot rail?
When you say tone boost do you mean treble? As in the 2nd position is a lot brighter?
Quote by Twidler
When you say tone boost do you mean treble? As in the 2nd position is a lot brighter?

Yes...sorry..I mean treble. I am not really surprised about the treble boost. Its the buzz in the 2nd position I wasn't expecting.
Yeh the hot rails is a mini humbucker which if you don't already know means hum cancalling pickup. Easiest thing to do would maybe be to swap out the middle pickup for something like the seymour duncan ssl 6, I had that between a tb 4 trembucker and a sn2 humbucker and it seemed pretty balanced. Also I think you might find changing the pots can help, a 500k will let more trebles through if your strat has 250k pots, just any connected with the bridge. Another option is those hum canceling single coils, they do something with the windings so it acts in the same as a humbucker and kills the noise. Try the seymour duncan tone wizard too, just enter the type of guitar and the sound you want. See how you get on with that for now.