Hi.
So i have been thinking about buying ez susperior drummer 2. I have watched alot of tutorials however, its one thing that i dont understand. How do i make a drumtrack in this program, and then post it into reaper(my recording software)??
Thanks
/facepalm

You do it in Reaper...read how to use virtual instruments in reaper

Also, Recording Forum
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Load it up in Reaper, then write down the patterns in the sequencer. Superior Drummer probably has a library of MIDI patterns built in, too, which you can drag and drop into the sequencer if you're lazy (EZDrummer does, in any case). It's not too hard to use.
EDIT for ^^: Easy, easy. He's probably new to using VSTs.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Oct 28, 2011,
Sequence/notate it in midi.

And don't make every note 100% velocity. Real drummers don't do that.
Quote by Cavalcade
EDIT for ^^: Easy, easy. He's probably new to using VSTs.

I don't believe in Mercy for those who are too stupid to use google
Quote by L2112Lif
Any respectable DAW has a humanize function. Logic's isn't too bad.

Behh, it's better if you manually sequence it to be slightly louder on the emphasized beats.

And the built-in humanizer isn't enough I don't think. You still get youtube videos of ameteur mixes where groovy rock beats or soft jazzy beats sound like they're being played by Gene Hogland.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not talking about the subtle differences that make everything sound looser, I'm talking about composing the beats to make use of dynamics. Everything being left at full volume is usually what makes Superior Drummer sound fake.
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by lockwolf
I don't believe in Mercy for those who are too stupid to use google

It's much easier to ask people that can post back and tell you just like that, than trying to find the correct information on the internet.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by L2112Lif
Any respectable DAW has a humanize function. Logic's isn't too bad.

SD2.0 has a pretty decent humanize function. You tweak like 4 or 5 parameters, so if you want the snare or bass drum to sound triggered, you can do it without making the cymbals sound awful.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by skylerjames13
It's much easier to ask people that can post back and tell you just like that, than trying to find the correct information on the internet.

Basically, a post like this where the answer can be found even right on Reapers page is basically saying "Hey, I'm too lazy to google this, please do it for me"
Quote by skylerjames13

The front page of Reaper's website has a link to a wiki and a PDF of the user guide that TS should have gotten when he downloaded the program.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by skylerjames13

Exactly. Half the time when you search you find forum posts anyway.
Quote by lockwolf
Basically, a post like this where the answer can be found even right on Reapers page is basically saying "Hey, I'm too lazy to google this, please do it for me"

They wouldn't have to Google it, considering they most likely know it.

Boom, easy in-depth answer (usually) and they can reply back to the poster rather than trying to figure it out on their own.

Interacting and being able to ask questions helps you learn faster than trying to find the info on the internet and piece it together.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
They wouldn't have to Google it, considering they most likely know it.

Boom, easy in-depth answer (usually) and they can reply back to the poster rather than trying to figure it out on their own.

Interacting and being able to ask questions helps you learn faster than trying to find the info on the internet and piece it together.

If he had truly read tutorials like he said he did, he would have figured it out. Its a core function to Reaper and there are hundreds of tutorials on google, youtube and other sites on how to use SD with Reaper. Besides, why post on a forum where somebody may not reply for hours where I can find it on google in 5 seconds?
Quote by lockwolf
If he had truly read tutorials like he said he did, he would have figured it out. Its a core function to Reaper and there are hundreds of tutorials on google, youtube and other sites on how to use SD with Reaper. Besides, why post on a forum where somebody may not reply for hours where I can find it on google in 5 seconds?

Considering how much traffic this site gets, I doubt it would take hours.

Even if he watched the tutorials, that doesn't guarantee that he will understand how to use it. Sometimes people just need help. Big deal. Everyone needs help with someone once in a while.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by lockwolf

This is ultimate guitar. It won't take hours.
I usually create drum tracks in guitar pro, export them as midi and import to my DAW, then asign superior drummer as a VST to the midi track. A lot simpler than clicking in every note in the sequencer for me. But it does need tweaking with velocity and timing after that to make it sound more realistic.