I have an Ibanez SC10 and I want to know how should I connect it so the effect sound bounces from one speaker to another. The full chain will be awesome.

Gear: Amp - Mesa RA100H, Cab - 2x12, Pedals (in order) - Wah, Oct fuzz, Stereo Chorus (I guess if I want to use it correctly I should connect it differently, right?), flanger, analog delay.

I had a Marshall 8240 and the built in stereo chorus bounced from one speaker to the other, very nice for some psychedelic stuff or to expand the distortion (I actually used it as an "effected boost" for my high gain). All this is exactly what I want to achieve.

Thank you .

Edit: What about the FX loop? I'll maybe put the flanger and the delay here... Is this where I should connect the chorus too? I don't know, all this is new for me.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Oct 28, 2011,
Sorry to say it, but being as your amp runs in mono there is no way to connect a stereo chorus to achieve the effect you described. If you just use the left output of your chorus then it too will run in mono.

EDIT: Oh and the effects loop is the normal place to use modulation effects (flanger, chorus, phaser etc.) and delays.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Last edited by Ibanez734 at Oct 28, 2011,
I do have two amps , I have a Laney LC15R too; I guess it will work at small gigs, right? How can I make it to work like I want?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Plug output A (or right, or whatever they call it) into one amp and output B (Left/etc) into the other.

If both amps have an effects loop you can put it in the loop of one and have output B feeding the loop of the other amp, though you'll bypass the preamp of the 2nd amp doing that, and have the first amp's preamp feeding both.
Quote by Roc8995
Plug output A (or right, or whatever they call it) into one amp and output B (Left/etc) into the other.

If both amps have an effects loop you can put it in the loop of one and have output B feeding the loop of the other amp, though you'll bypass the preamp of the 2nd amp doing that, and have the first amp's preamp feeding both.

Great! Thank you.
Now, another question? Can my Laney take the Royal Atlantic's preamp safely?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I don't think that amp has a SS preamp, right? If it's an all tube preamp, it will handle it just fine. Tubes can take massive amounts of input. You might end up without a lot of clean volume on the Laney, though, since it's a much hotter signal than usual.

I assume you mean using the effects loop on the Mesa and plugging that output straight into the guitar input on the Laney. If the laney has an effects loop, just plug the B output into the return jack, that will definitely work.
Sweet!!!! Exactly what I need, you guys didn't just help me with the pedal connection, but also on how to take the most out of two amps just the way I need; I don't care about the hotter signal on the Laney, I need it that way actually .

So help me to understand correctly, how should I connect everything then?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Guitar plugged into the usual input on the Royal Atlantic.
One cable coming out of the effects send on the RA, going into the input of the chorus.
From output A of the chorus, a cable going to the RA effects return.
From output B of the pedal, a cable going to the effects return of the Laney.
Nothing at all plugged into the Laney's regular input. Keep the master volume low on the Laney when plugging in, the pre-gain or regular volume knob (forget how that amp is laid out) will NOT lower the volume with this method so you'll blow your ears out if you're sitting next to it turning it on with a hot signal into the effects return and the master all the way up.

That method bypasses the Laney's preamp, which is useful because then you're not distorting the chorus sound, which generally sounds like crap. However, if you want to use the laney preamp, follow the steps above except instead of plugging into the effects return, plug into the regular input. I would not suggest that, though.
Great, thank you dude!
Now, is it possible to use the configuration you are suggesting and have both amps running on a same cab or should I run them separately? I guess the last option is the viable way...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Recently I started using 2 amps, you're gonna frickin' love it! Even if one is solid state, its still great for chorus. You haven't used chorus til you've used 2 amps, haha, imno
I already had been playing with two amps but those were 2 valvestate, an 8240 and a VS15R (8240's send to the VS15R input), sounded great por playing covers in a bar. Now It's gonna get a lot better !

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich