Just found out about a cool program called spotify. Basically it gives you free music, as long as you are connected to the internet. I am wondering if any of you have heard of it, or tried it. and if it would be considered illegal or not...
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Quote by StewieSwan
Breaking News: The USSR collapsed today!

What NO WAY!!!!!

hahaha alright I guess I'm a little behind on computer stuff
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

We've landed on the moon!
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
I'm not an ass, so I'll say post something relevant. Spotify is awesome. Listening to any album you want to is super radical bro. It's not illegal. TS I love Spotify and I love you.
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Quote by FicticiousCacti
I'm not an ass, so I'll say post something relevant. Spotify is awesome. Listening to any album you want to is super radical bro. It's not illegal. TS I love Spotify and I love you.

Nice try, FBI agent.

TS, they are coming for you. Right now. Run.
my friends all warned me it was illegal but i didn't listen. now I'm typing this from prison.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Bro, I got Spotify a couple of hours ago. Now my asshole has tripled in diameter.

Nice to see that prisons have wi-fi though. And free food.
Quote by Weaponized
My uncle got arrested for using spotify. He's dead now.

Died of old age right?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by nbur4556
Just found out about a cool program called spotify. Basically it gives you free music, as long as you are connected to the internet. I am wondering if any of you have heard of it, or tried it. and if it would be considered illegal or not...

areyouawizard.jpg
So I just got Windows 95... anyone heard of it?
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
So I just got Windows 95... anyone heard of it?

OMG! Really? I can't afford that. I'm jealous of you bro.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I love spotify, I use it all the time, I don't even mind the adverts that everyone seems to hate about it...
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by jiminizzle
my friends all warned me it was illegal but i didn't listen. now I'm typing this from prison.

One of the funniest things I've read on UG ever.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 31, 2011,
I've turned to hate Spotify.

It used to be cool, when free users had to hear adverts every two or three songs, I could get on board with that, I was listening to pretty much any tune I wanted for free so 20 seconds of advert was fine enough.
But then they added that 9 hour limit plus the "only 5 plays per song" thing. Now it seems they've taken away the 9 hour limit, but the 5 play limit is super annoying.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I've turned to hate Spotify.

It used to be cool, when free users had to hear adverts every two or three songs, I could get on board with that, I was listening to pretty much any tune I wanted for free so 20 seconds of advert was fine enough.
But then they added that 9 hour limit plus the "only 5 plays per song" thing. Now it seems they've taken away the 9 hour limit, but the 5 play limit is super annoying.

You know, you could chip in what, 5 euro/dollars a month. If you're too cheap to pay that for free music all the time, well, it's your problem.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You know, you could chip in what, 5 euro/dollars a month. If you're too cheap to pay that for free music all the time, well, it's your problem.

I don't have that sorta cash/have more important things to spend money on.
I'm fine paying for music, even if I did have that cash I still wouldn't put it into Spotify (a few small unknown artists are on there and allegedly they see next to **** all from Spotify so they hardly deserve my cash!), I'd just buy the CD or something.

I think the whole "if you're too cheap thing" was fine back when it was just adverts, what they're doing now is just a tactic to try to get people to cough up for their premium service, when to be honest, if I need to listen to a new tune one or two times, which is basically what the free service allows you to do, I can just got to youtube then buy the album the song is off or something.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm fine paying for music, even if I did have that cash I still wouldn't put it into Spotify (a few small unknown artists are on there and allegedly they see next to **** all from Spotify so they hardly deserve my cash!), I'd just buy the CD or something.

I think the whole "if you're too cheap thing" was fine back when it was just adverts, what they're doing now is just a tactic to try to get people to cough up for their premium service, when to be honest, if I need to listen to a new tune one or two times, which is basically what the free service allows you to do, I can just got to youtube then buy the album the song is off or something.

What money should the corporation use to upgrade the service then? If they are not allowed to try to make people pay for their service?
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I think it's pretty amazing how they provided a free service of that quality for a long time. Whining about something that's free makes little sense.