Hey everyone, so my mp3 player broke, and I highly doubt that the warranty will fix it,so I will have to buy a new one.

Seeming that I am now fed up with cheap replacements, I will have to save up some money and buy a durable, more expensive ipod.

However, I have looked at them, and I don't know which one I want.

The ipod touch has too many things I neither want nor need, so I am spending too much money for pointless stuff.

My question about the nano is: does it have an incorporated library, like most mp3 players, or does it just chuck the stuff in randomly like the 30€ ones you find?

'Cause, although I don't want too much stuff, I need it to systematically order the songs in Artist; album etc.

TL;DR. Need an ipod. Normal one has too many useless gadgets, don't know if nano automatically puts songs in Artis; album order. Does it?

P.S Excuse my absurd ignorance of the matter, but I have never actually owned one
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I would go for the iPod Classic, it's a hundred dollars more than the 16GB Nano, with 10 times the capacity.

16 gb is already just the right price for me
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Vitor_vdp
But can you fit all your music in it?

The one that just broke had 16 gb, it had about 6 gb left, and it had plenty of songs on it.
Get the Ipod classic for the capacity alone. If you don't want to spend that much then the nano is perfect.

The touch is just stupid and has pointless crap/apps you'll never need with less memory and for twice the price.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Get the Ipod classic for the capacity alone. If you don't want to spend that much then the nano is perfect.

The touch is just stupid and has pointless crap/apps you'll never need with less memory and for twice the price.

Do you mean the nano?
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I would go for the iPod Classic, it's a hundred dollars more than the 16GB Nano, with 10 times the capacity.

School..?

OT: TS get the classic. It lasts longer than a Nano and fits a lot more stuff.

Wait...you only have 10Gbs of music?

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
School..?

Well, on my computer I have about 30 gb, I just don't stick everything on there. I choose my favourite songs from each album, and leave out the ones I don't like.
Granted, of some bands I have the entire discography..but still.

Also, I don't have them in flaac, just mp3.
Quote by Krieger91
Do you mean the nano?

I meant the Ipod touch "Itouch" is pointless IMO. Especially if you're looking just to use it for music. The nano should be perfect for you if you don't need alot of space and don't want to spend too much. If you can spend the extra money though I'd recommend getting the classic.

EDIT: To answer your question though the nano does organize your music library according to the file names, so if the file names are correct then your Ipod would be well organized.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Last edited by soXlittleXtimeX at Oct 28, 2011,
I prefer the ipod touch myself. Music + little funny app games (angry birds) = awesome time.
If I played guitar I'd be Jimmy Page, the girlies I like are underage.
Quote by Krieger91
Well, on my computer I have about 30 gb, I just don't stick everything on there. I choose my favourite songs from each album, and leave out the ones I don't like.
Granted, of some bands I have the entire discography..but still.

Also, I don't have them in flaac, just mp3.

get the classic and you can have your entire music library on your iPod, and it'll hold a bunch more if you download albums often. and you can have movies on it.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
get the classic and you can have your entire music library on your iPod, and it'll hold a bunch more if you download albums often. and you can have movies on it.

Yeah, I mean 120 - 160 Gbs can hold some shit man.
who the hell uses nano's?! that shit like fcuckin' 80's shit yo!

really man, borrow the delorean than come back to us....
I see what everyone is saying about the classic, and it makes sense..just that I am momentarily out of work, 'cause I'm studying, and here there is also school on Saturday, so no chance of a saturday job,otherwise I would.

Also:
Quote by kighdyw
I see the second paragraph is better! Recommended see here! http://uuz.cc/rHM

Get the fuck out my thread.
*reported post*
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
School..?

**** you! I only have a 5gb of music and I've ordered and iPod touch 8gb!!

and yeah well if you think of iTouch as just an mp3 player than it's not the best choice out there so far, but for wifi and all that stuff it'll just do fine imho
Ali.guitarkid7, do you see what you have done?
Kids in Cambodia have 0GB of music. Instead, they have rice.....fields and fields of rice.
The advantage of the nano over the classic is that the nano is much smaller and is handy for jogging, ect. That's why us "eighties" guys use them when we're not driving our Delorians!
Quote by Krieger91
Ali.guitarkid7, do you see what you have done?

Yes I do, I alpha maled the shit out of this thread
Quote by Kamikaze1014
Kids in Cambodia have 0GB of music. Instead, they have rice.....fields and fields of rice.

I have 0 GB of rice
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Get the new nano and wear it as a watch. I'm gonna get one just for that purpose
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
The one nice thing about the touches is that they do have wifi support, so it's nice if you don't have a laptop. Other than that, most of the apps are pointless, and the only ones I end up using on a regular basis are a couple of forum apps and Facebook.
I pride myself on my humility.
Try a Zune if you want. They're cheaper than most iPods, and they're ALL bout music. Plus the software is much better.
BLANKBLANK
Do they still sell 5th gen models? 'Cause I prefer the design..the one problem with the nano 6th gen is the design, I just don't like it.

Also, I'd rather have a scroll wheel..touch screens make my hair fall out.

No, for fuck's sake, they don't..and the new design sickens me..with that stupid clip.
There's nothing I can buy..I would have got the nano for sure if it was the same as the last, the classic is too expensive, and the touch seems almost a waste of money for me.
Last edited by Krieger91 at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Try a Zune if you want. They're cheaper than most iPods, and they're ALL bout music. Plus the software is much better.

I'd agree with this but they don't sell the high capacity ones anymore, they only sell the HD touch screen ones, which are even worse than the iPod Touch...
My Set-Up Thus Far:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
-Fender DeVille Hot Rod 112
-BOSS Grunge pedal

BAYSIDE IS A CULT
can't you just put a large SD in your phone and load it up? i just rotate the music in my phone every couple of weeks and it is way easier. I have an ipod classic but rarely use it, why carry extra shit?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
can't you just put a large SD in your phone and load it up? i just rotate the music in my phone every couple of weeks and it is way easier. I have an ipod classic but rarely use it, why carry extra shit?

I like having devices that only do one thing. That way if one thing fails, i'm not left with lots of things being unusable.
Quote by zenbone

I have a 32gb card in my phone and its the best purchase I've made! I have over 40gb of music but like you, I rotate it around. And I love not having to carry an extra device around.

TS, do you have a smartphone?
My Set-Up Thus Far:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
-Fender DeVille Hot Rod 112
-BOSS Grunge pedal

BAYSIDE IS A CULT
i have 1.5 terabyte of music... fact is you can only listen to one song at a time. It only takes 10 minutes to swap music every now and then. If you have a gig of music that is easily enough for a week or two of listening. Plus if you manually change out music it better fits your mood.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by sk8r0915
I have a 32gb card in my phone and its the best purchase I've made! I have over 40gb of music but like you, I rotate it around. And I love not having to carry an extra device around.

TS, do you have a smartphone?

exactly. life is so much easier just carrying your phone right.
Quote by BlackVoid
I survive fine with a 4GB Samsung MP3. Also, why limit yourself to Apple Products? They're particulary picky with the files they can hold.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
I survive fine with a 4GB Samsung MP3. Also, why limit yourself to Apple Products? They're particulary picky with the files they can hold.

I explained it in the OP..the cheap ones I've been getting recenty have all been breaking down..I've heard that Apple has better hardware, I thought it would last longer.

Inncidentally, is your 4gb samsung the yps3? I had, and loved that, for four years, it was excellent until it just died forever
Quote by sk8r0915
I'd agree with this but they don't sell the high capacity ones anymore, they only sell the HD touch screen ones, which are even worse than the iPod Touch...

I've only used a HD. I enjoy'd the interface much better than the iPods, the apps and internet browser was just all a big tease they never made better.
BLANKBLANK