I just started playing acoustic guitar, and I suck so far. I can play the G, E, Em, A, Am, and C chords. Does anyone know any slow, simple songs using just some of those chords? I'm really just working on how to switch chords faster now, and i'm having a hard time with it.

Thanksloveyou kbye(:
To get better with changing chords, just sit there and play G E for ages until you get the transition nice and smooth. Then move onto G Em, or G A, G, Am, G C. Then do E G, then E, A then E, C and so on. Just every possible combination of the chords you can play. Once you are comfortable with changing between chords then move onto playing songs.
Quote by Rhys_mz
To get better with changing chords, just sit there and play G E for ages until you get the transition nice and smooth. Then move onto G Em, or G A, G, Am, G C. Then do E G, then E, A then E, C and so on. Just every possible combination of the chords you can play. Once you are comfortable with changing between chords then move onto playing songs.

Why G to E? In most cases, she won't need to play a G then an E chord since they don't belong in the same key as each other. It would make more sense to play G to Em since they're the relative keys of each other.

If you learn D and Dmin, you can just play through this progression

C-G-Dm-Em
Learn the D chord as well. Then you can play Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Which would be......
G-D-C

You can learn stand by me its an easy song I believe you just need one more note.. or if like spanish songs la camisa negra is lik a route it repeats lik stand by me
what style of music do you like? newer stuff like hinder's "what ya gonna do?" are simple A G D A strumming patterns. let us know what you like to listen to, otherwise we'll just suggest songs you dont know or like
cant go wrong with otis reddings's classic "sitting on the dock of the bay" G Bb(i know...B7 but for a beginner a Bb works better) C and A mostly. that'll give you strumming practice too.
I agree with most of what everyone is saying. The first thing is, learn D and Dmin chords.
G C D and A D E are very common chord progressions in popular music.
Stand by me, Last Kiss (pearl jam), Picture (kid rock/Sheryl Crow) are all involiving G, C , D and Em
I guess I would actually concentrate on one progression at first. I know I enjoyed struggling through a song more than just trying to switch between 2 chords. I actually did a combination of the 2. I would switch back and forth between 2 chords and then try playing a simple song to break up the monotany.