I saw a proper vintage one at a local store by me for 1 grand...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
This is mine. Unfortunately it isn't for sale but I do intend to make another that will be at some stage.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Sputnik1

That's not a Tweed Champ.

Here's a kit that is if you want to tackle making your own. It's a 5F1.
http://triodeelectronics.com/5f1kit.html
The 5F1 is the circuit I used on mine, I didn't use a kit of course but I used the same transformers. A lot of people (including myself) consider the 5F1 to be the best one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
That's not a Tweed Champ.

Here's a kit that is if you want to tackle making your own. It's a 5F1.
The 5F1 is the circuit I used on mine, I didn't use a kit of course but I used the same transformers. A lot of people (including myself) consider the 5F1 to be the best one.

blondes have moar fun.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
blondes have moar fun.

Does such a thing exist? Or do you mean the 5C1? Good luck trying to find a 6SJ7 for V1.
I guess one might be able to sub in an EF86, I'd think that it would just need rebiasing. That would be interesting no? An EF86 in V1 of a Champ. Hmmmmm.
Stop making me want to build weird shit, I have enough weird shit to build on my plate already.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I just guessed. I am surprised that Ceriatone doesn't have one then. What is the one that they have then?
Quote by Sputnik1
I just guessed. I am surprised that Ceriatone doesn't have one then. What is the one that they have then?

Looks like one of their own creations. It has one too many tubes for a Champ.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
This is mine. Unfortunately it isn't for sale but I do intend to make another that will be at some stage.

Sweet, I saw a bunch of those amps the other day at my grocery store. But they had no tubez. They must have been crappy ss versions.
Quote by redandwhite12
I remeber seeing that Tim Tam amp around before a while ago Thanks thats pretty helpful. How hard did you find it to actually build the amp? Would it be something that someone with mild soldering experience could do?

Building an amp into that sort of tin is substantially harder than building it into a normal chassis. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. The ones I sell are reinforced with 2mm aluminium. You have to line everything up, plan it out meticulously and the install all the components with it all resting precariously on blocks of wood in an open position. I have to fabricate everything myself because nobody makes anything premade that you could use. It's pretty tricky. Plus the entire thing is metal, screw it up and you could end up with a death machine.
Here's the final design I've settled on for my 18W Marshalls. Lots of pictures including a gut shot so you can see how it's all arranged. If you are a beginner, "don't try this at home."
http://cathbard.com/jack-daniels-marshall2.html
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hmm thats really awesome stuff. I almost feel like this thread should be moved to GB&C I really love a good Marshall too. Perhaps more than i love little tweed Champs. Cruising around and seeing so many good clones of amps has almost inspired me to build my own , your Tim Tam helped too . I'd really like to try and make one of these little Champs but am to scared of zapping myself to death perhaps modding a champ 600 would be easier to start? This is something i'd like to try now and have for a while i guess. Any more advice? Thanks so much
Modding a Champ 600 would be a fine way to start. It's not too hard to return them to 5F1 specs apart from the rectifier. The Champ 600 has a fixed tone stack that simply isn't needed. I suspect it's in there to encourage people to buy the overpriced handwired Champ they also sell. The Champ 600's are cheaper than the cost of parts to build it yourself. Just grab yourself a schematic for a 5F1 and attack it. You could even just gut the thing and insert a whole new circuit board.
You'll want to replace the output transformer too because the stock one only has a 4 ohm tap. this is the one I use and recommend. Cheap but a good quality tranny made in Chicago. It's actually a higher rated and better tranny too.
http://triodeelectronics.com/tfchxfwi48oh.html

And here's an entire kit from the same people that you could build inside the Champ 600 chassis and get yourself a true 5F1 clone. I'd try to find a used one. It doesn't matter if it even works so you should be able to score something crazy cheap. You'd have to drill a few holes for the new board and rectifier but the hard part (making the chassis) is already sorted. You can get it with or without the power transformer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
For $1k buy a real tweed Champ. That's what mint ones go for. BF and SF Champs aren't that far removed either and are real cheap.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Or give me $500 up front so I can buy the parts then send me the postage when it's finished and I'll make you a cookie tin 5F1 Champ. Including the shipping time for all the parts I should be able to have it ready to roll in a month. I've got a Jack Daniels tin I could build it into sitting here looking at me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification