hi guys,

im going to get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III in a few months but ive recently been looking at the Vox AC15C1 and i just wanted to know know what you guys sounds better, quality-wise. not whether you prefer the warmth of the vox or the brightness and cleans of the fender.

i wont get the vox anyway cause there are NO licensed vox retailers in israel and the israeli version of ebay has 3 used vox's on it (no new ones), one of which is an ac15 but the owner lives on the other side of israel and i cant afford the overseas shipping and customs i would have to pay if a got it from ebay.
i have a Vox AC15VR anyway which i really like, i just want something all tube and many people have recommended the fender to me and ive watched videos and it sounds really good.

SO, WHAT SOUNDS BETTER?
Oxymoron.
You say dont say what you prefer, when tone is 100% preferences.
Then you ask what sounds better, not what you prefer. No one can say so and so sounds better if its not aprt of his tonal preference.
Then you say, the Vox is not an option for buying anyway.

Whats the point of this thread?
I like the AC15 better... But the Deluxe is much more gig-ready due to the higher wattage. Both are loud enough, but the AC15 won't stay clean at band volumes. The deluxe is stupid clean at stupid loud volumes.

^ +1

I just threw out my opinion based on what I think he's trying to ask. Language barrier I would guess.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Oxymoron.
You say dont say what you prefer, when tone is 100% preferences.
Then you ask what sounds better, not what you prefer. No one can say so and so sounds better if its not aprt of his tonal preference.
Then you say, the Vox is not an option for buying anyway.

Whats the point of this thread?

no, you are incorrect,

because the sound quality is not preference, it is quality. for example clarity and when the sound breaks.

btw, what sort of word is oxymoron?
Quote by itamar100
what sort of word is oxymoron?

It means something that's inherently contradictory. For example, "straight curve" is an oxymoron.
Hi, I'm Peter
I'd say the Fender with your G3 would be a good combination. You have the option of running the G3 into the front or the FX return. I would choose the Fender.
Sound quality with guitar amps isn't like sound quality with a hifi. You can't just say "this one has less THD, or this one has better sensitivity, this one is more accurate, etc" with a guitar amp. Lots of THD for example is something you may actually want. The figures are meaningless. Apart from noise floor it's all simply a matter of taste and what you intend to use it for.
Which one do you prefer the sound of, has dynamics that suit your playing style and suits the type of music you are playing? These are the relevant questions and the answers to them is very subjective.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by itamar100
no, you are incorrect,

because the sound quality is not preference, it is quality. for example clarity and when the sound breaks.

btw, what sort of word is oxymoron?

Sound quality is preference. Think about different styles of music... What is perfect for one style may be horrible for another style. Neither has better 'quality' sound. Each just has their own 'flavor.'

If you're asking about volume, or headroom then the Fender will be generally louder and cleaner. That's not what we call 'sound quality' though.

If you tell us exactly what you play and what you use the amp for maybe we can make a better decision. Just one question; why are you asking our opinion on an amp you say you cannot and will not buy? I'd like to help you, but not if you are just bored and wasting time.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Or "honest politician"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone